Field "State" in IE9

I know I am not the first to have this problem, but actually I did not find the right solution.

The problem is in the field "State" in the "Your Address".

I've tried using different browsers and only with IE9 the State field does not allow any kind of input, effectively blocking the registration of the new user.

This happens only with IE9 while with Chrome, Firefox and Maxthon I get regularly the selection.

I tried it also on a PC that still had IE8 and the problem will be also on the version of IE.

I'm using Prestashop 1.5.1

My site is www.svapoapoco.it

So please give me a hand so I can activate my e-commerce site?

I try a lot of solutions and finally I found it!

I share it because I have found many posts with this problem.

The problem is in the default theme, I simply deleted the entire folder "themes" from my site (of course, first I made a local backup) and then I put the same directory from the new version of PS (the 1.5.2.0).

Magically everything went fine, now the "state" filed is active and the user can complete the registration.

I tested the entire process of registration and purchase in: IE8, IE9, Maxthon, Firefox and Chrome and there are no hitches.

I hope my experience help who have the same problem, actually version 1.5.2.0 seems to have fixed this bug.

• 1 month later...

I did the steps you gave. No solution... I've cleared out my IE8 cache as well and still have no 'state' field. It is just IE8 (so far) that I see the problem... http://www.aquachi.org/en/address <-- happens here

I tried also adding the 'var' to authentication.tpl previously before renaming themes to themes2 then loading up themes from the downloaded 1.5.2 version