Please test some my site in ff & ie

Ray UK

Hi,

This is my first Prestashop site.

I have been having problems from day 1 with not being able to add items to the basket using ff.

I.E seems fine.

Please could you test it and let me know if you are having the same problems that I am, as we are afraid we are loosing a lot of customers because of this issue.

www.no-match.co.uk

I have customised the theme just a little bit, and even tried reverting back to the default theme.

I have tried disabling, and re-enabling the "seo friendly" urls, emptied the smarty cache, and my browsers cache and still having no joy :(

Thanks

Ray

Hello MerseyRay

I have tested your site in FF, IE, Chrome. I had to refresh the page in order to get the cart to work properly. If you notice this happening press F5 on your keyboard and the cart works good. I tested the same product in all browsers. Not sure if you're using a cache system in place but they maybe something that will help you out big time.

I personally use cloudflare and they are great and easy to set-up. If you don't want to pay for the service they offer a free version but I am not sure how well the free one works. If you use the lowest paid plan its like 20 a month but you can do so much with it.

I just wanted to give you the feed back with me testing your site and how I was able to get the cart to work.

Good luck and maybe someone with more exp. in why the cart isn't working properly can add to this topic.

Clayton

Hi Clayton, sorry I should have said the items dont stay in the cart.

I can add 1 item in any browser, but when using ff, I cannot add a 2nd item/change page/login etc.

Its as if the cookies arent working on ff.

I.E is fine though.

The only cache I have enabled is the smarty cache.

I will look at the cloudfare for the other caching.

Ray

I managed a temporary workaround for this by changing the domain and secure domain in prestashop settings to read "no-match.co.uk" instead of "www.no-match.co.uk".

This can only be temporary because I have to disable ssl in prestashop otherwise the customers get the message that the ssl is not valid as the ssl is only for www.no-match.co.uk.. And a warning to customers is not very good

:(