Huge problem with AJAX loading time

Hello there,

I'm having huge problems with the AJAX loading time. I have seen through the Forum and the Issue Tracker that this has been a problem for a long time and it seems like it has not been solved.

The problem occurs at one point when I click on the Add to Cart button. It takes over 10 seconds for the image animation to start working... Slow AJAX! I can't tell my customers to just simply wait before they do anything else!

A bigger problem is when I get to step 3 of the order process and I want to change the billing and delivery address. Because of the slow AJAX I always keep on getting the "prestashop technical error: unable to save addresses" popup. This is because the AJAX takes over 12 seconds to load and the user doesn't wait that long!

I have set up all the settings on the Performance tab. I have followed all the Optimization instructions and nothing works. I have even disabled my shipping modules (FedEX), because someone said that this was a problem, and it still does not work. I have spend hours on end trying to find a solution either from the public or finding it myself in the code and I could not!

Please help me with this problem. Otherwise I have to seek another shopping software because I cannot launch a store with this issue.

My site can be found here: http://pastorbilllehman.org/estore/

Thank you so much.

Edited by iasminb (see edit history)

Hello there,

Thank you for your reply. I had FedEX and PayPal installed, and a few others uninstalled. I uninstalled FedEx and PayPal and it seems like FedEx was causing those problems. What do I do then?! I got Prestashop because of FedEX solution. If I'm left without this option then I have to go and spend many other hours and set up another store!

Is there a way to fix this?

I'm not sure why their Fedex module is taking so long, it shouldn't take more than 1-2 seconds tops.

It could be related to your host, or it could be something with their module.

You can always give http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65476-module-fedex-get-real-time-shipping-rates-from-fedex-with-shipping-preview-on-the-product-page/ a try