strange thing happening with 1.5.2 modules

hi all.

something strange is going on with the modules in my 1.5.2 install.

i have the modules blocktopmenu and editorial copied to my theme directory,

css files into themes/(themename)/css/modules(modulename) and the rest of the module directory copied to themes/(themename)/modules/(modulemane) but prestashop is still accessing code and images from the main modules directory.

the usual things have been done (clear cache etc)

i have done the same thing with other modules that i have modified and things have worked with no problem.

its probably something simple that i have missed, but i cant see what it is, unless i need to do something different with these modules.

i thought that all you needed to do to customise things for a custom theme was to copy the modules to the relevant places in the themes directory and modify the code there and prestashop would pick it up. any modifications to core code outside of the modules is to be placed in the override directory and the same would happen, or have i got this totally wrong.

some help and guidance with this would be appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

so, 40 views and no one has any ideas??

i have also noticed that it is also happening with blockreinsurance and editorial. i suspect that it is happening with others that i havnt found yet. its strange that these modules are in my theme directory, but prestashop is still using the code and images from the default module directory.

if i wanted to sell the theme that i am working on, i couldnt, as it uses non standard images that are contained within the modules in the themes module directory (and prestashop is not seeing them), and when i upgrade, i will need to overwrite files (image and css) in the default module directory to get the theme to work.

this is far less than ideal.

any help at all would be great.