The field conversion rate is invalid; adding new currency

m3isd

Hi Guys, just setup Prestashop 1.5.2.0.

My shop will only use South African Rand as currency and will only be available to south african customers.

Problem: I am trying to set the default currency in the backend to ZAR (South African Rand, symbol = R) ISO 710.

The currency needs to be added as "new" as it is not part of the existing database.

When capturing the conversion format where the default currency is currently $USD to the equivalant South African Rand I am having trouble entering it in the correct format, structure or sequence - I keep on getting error: "Field conversion rate is invalid".

I'm trying my best to make sense of the example under "Localization" -> "Currencies" -> "Add new"

which reads:

"Conversion rate from one unit of your shop's default currency (for example, 1€) to this currency. For example, if the default currency is euros and this currency is dollars, type '1.20' 1€ = $1.20"

Well I've tried this in every way and sequence possible but just cannot get it to work.

Any assistance - and parting with your valueble time to help me will greatly be appreciated -please.

System Info

Server information

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Tue Jul 10 08:48:43 EDT 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.2.17

Memory limit: 256M

Max execution time: 30

Database information

MySQL version: 5.0.96-community-log

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tables prefix: ps_

Store information

Prestashop version: 1.5.2.0

Shop URL: http://learning-developers.co.za/

Current theme in use: default

Mail configuration

Mail method: You are using the PHP mail() function.

Thanks in advance

Warm SA Regards

Pierre

post-429094-0-55649700-1352581737_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input PrestaFanatic. Tried ZAF instead of ZAR, conversion rate problem still remains regardles of the ISO Code.

To solve the issue I just deleted all other currencies, edited the default currency (USD) by replacing all USD values with ZAF values. In my case easy as it is a new store, would have another story on and exisiting store with existing products.

Thanks for assistance in this matter!

Regards

Pierre