Problems Adding Products

Hi

Currently evaluating Prestashop as a change from our osCommerce store and new to this so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have installed version 1.5.2 with demo information and then proceeded to customise it. As per instructions deleted products and categories (ASIDE - also said in the instructions that you couldn't delete a product that had an order associated with it, but this was not the case. In fact I couldn't see any way to delete the order).

I created two categories, and then went to add products but this is where the problem starts. The problem is when I select Associations. The spinning arrow just keeps going round and round. The only way to stop it is to hit the "Save & Stay" Button. The Associations screen then appears with a warning This field friendly URL is required at least in English (English) even though this has already been entered.

However, none of the categories that have been created are visible, so I can't associate the product to a category

Other problems are images. When I select Images, the page appears but no upload screen. Again the only way to get this to appear is to hit "Save & Stay".

Anybody any ideas?

post-422790-0-64985600-1352022543_thumb.jpg

post-422790-0-91291500-1352022544_thumb.jpg

post-422790-0-98542200-1352022545_thumb.jpg

I just did a fresh install of prestashop 1.5.2 I'm creating a website brand new added two categories and products to them and they do not display properly in the front site. I can see the picture but when you select it nothing happens it doesn't list the price. The top horizontal menus dont show the product when I select a category. I added pictures to the slideshow and this doesn't even display on my front site. it should be in the middle but there is nothing there at all. My friend set up a play around site for me using version 1.5.1 and this did not happen at all when i tried that version. I was only trying the 1.5.1 version to see if I liked the feel for prestashop and now I install the latest version and the site im trying to build looks horrible. I've stopped adding products because its seems to be a waste of time at the moment until i can figure out how to display things correctly.

Good Morning,

When adding products to ps 1.5.xxx it is better to do it step by step as shown on the left hand side of the attached screenshot, for example

• Information
  • Prices
  • SEO
  • Associations
  • Shipping
  • Combinations
  • Quantities
  • Images
  • Features
  • Customization
  • Attachments
  • Suppliers

click save and stay on each one until you are happy and then click save, but if you want to do this quickly you only need to fill out the required fields in:

Information, Prices and Associations.

If it is taking a long time to upload then maybe that is a server problem.

To get rid of the default orders there are plenty of free modules offered around this forum to do this.

Hope this helps

Paul

post-321361-0-35758000-1352084548_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still getting problems with the categories. They're just not appearing on the product associations page - the only one is home, even though I have created 3 categories and these appear on the shop.

I did edit the SQL manually to assign one of the products to a category and this worked - appears correct in the shop and the category appears in the product association under default.

During install all the requisite php settings were present and correct, so I don't think a server problem - and it's not that it takes a long time - it doesn't change at all - unless I have to click the Save & Stay.

I'm going to wipe this and re-install and then add / change products / categories with the default info to see if this works.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still getting problems with the categories. They're just not appearing on the product associations page - the only one is home, even though I have created 3 categories and these appear on the shop.

I did edit the SQL manually to assign one of the products to a category and this worked - appears correct in the shop and the category appears in the product association under default.

During install all the requisite php settings were present and correct, so I don't think a server problem - and it's not that it takes a long time - it doesn't change at all - unless I have to click the Save & Stay.

I'm going to wipe this and re-install and then add / change products / categories with the default info to see if this works.

I'm having similar problems, I populated the catalogue through CSV from my oscommerce shop and everything seemed fine until I tried to edit products to add them to the home page. When I try to save them I get the friendly url required error until I go and manually enter something in the field, even though it's already populated (from the CSV import). Another problem on the associations tab is the categories list, sometimes it appears with no check boxes visible and sometimes it appears twice with check boxes visible in one of the lists. I'm using IE9 (which I notices doesn't work with this forum login) so I'm going to try chrome the see if that solves the problems.

Just a quick update, setting IE9 to compatibility mode solved most of my problems, I'm just a little worried that my customers might run into problems in the front end if prestashop hasn't been tested fully on internet explorer which is still the most popular browser. I'll have to do some serious thinking and testing before switching from osc if this is the case.

I thought at first may be a browser issue but was having same problems with Chrome as in IE.

I deleted everything and then reinstalled, but this time I added my categories and products before deleting the demo entries. This worked without any issue at all - product entry page works well now in Chrome as well as IE9.