(Solved) Upgrade 1.4.9 - 1.5.0 - 1.5.2

Hi

I have tried to upgrade from 1.4.9 to 1.5.2 but get a failed upgrade. I can go from 1.4.9 to 1.5.0 without a problem but as soon as I try to go to 1.5.2 it fails on a manual upgrade.

Can anyone help on this one please.

G

-<request result="ok" sqlfile="1.5.1.0"> -<sqlQuery>

<![CDATA[ALTER TABLE `ps_product_attribute_shop` CHANGE `weight` `weight` DECIMAL(20, 6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0']]>

</sqlQuery> </request> -<request result="fail" sqlfile="1.5.1.0"> -<sqlQuery>

<![CDATA[ALTER TABLE `ps_order_carrier` CHANGE `weight` `weight` DECIMAL(20, 6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0']]>

</sqlQuery> -<sqlMsgError>

<![CDATA[Data truncated for column 'weight' at row 27]]>

</sqlMsgError> -<sqlNumberError>

<![CDATA[1265]]>

</sqlNumberError> </request> -<request result="ok" sqlfile="1.5.1.0"> -<sqlQuery>

<![CDATA[ALTER TABLE `ps_attribute_impact` CHANGE `weight` `weight` DECIMAL(20, 6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0']]>

</sqlQuery> </request> -<request result="ok" sqlfile="1.5.1.0"> -<sqlQuery>

<![CDATA[ALTER TABLE `ps_order_detail` CHANGE `product_weight` `product_weight` DECIMAL(20, 6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0']]>

</sqlQuery> </request>

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

Hi Music Master

Upgrade 1.4.9 - 1.5.2 fails the same way, that is why I tried the longer route so That I can prove an upgrade from 1.4.9.

As my test bed servers are off the internet by default I always use the manual upgrade path for testing. rollback is achieved by a complete server restore which takes about 20 minutes but guarantees a clean road back.

Thanks for your input but after the problems I had when I upgraded to 1.5.0 I want to be 100% sure that 1.5.2 is usable and safe.

G

Congratulations with your success!

I am curious what made you choose to clear that table. As one of the main problems that made me give up on 1.5.2 was that my customers couldn't order any more because they got "no carrier available" error messages there may be some relationship between our problems.

Hi Music Master

The problem that you mention was one of my first when I tried 1.5.0, however it may not be the same issue. And it has also happened this time but as I have "my cure" noted it was easy to overcome.

After the upgrade I got "no carrier available" error messages I noticed that if I went to a user then the groups that I had originally were not showing by the user but did appear in the groups section.

I went to groups, created a group called accounts, saved and deleted it. This brought all my original groups back and my problem was resolved.

As to why I chose that column, well I just went for the failed table and cleared it.

I am now progressing on the test server, still a lot of items I had trouble with like the footer but I have most documented now so it should be clear sailing until I get to stock again.

G

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks. Most I understand. But I still don't get it how you found out about ps_order_carrier. I suppose you didn't check all 236 tables. Besides, when I do a check table on it it works ok. And you write that you "cleared" it. Does this mean that you emptied the table?

M

Hi MusicMaster

I am not sure what you get visually after an automated update but for me on a manual update I received a summary success/fail of the upgrade.

In my case it had failed. I scrolled down the list to find at what point it had failed and found this entry:-

</sqlQuery> </request> -<request result="fail" sqlfile="1.5.1.0"> -<sqlQuery>

<![CDATA[ALTER TABLE `ps_order_carrier` CHANGE `weight` `weight` DECIMAL(20, 6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0']]>

</sqlQuery> -<sqlMsgError>

<![CDATA[Data truncated for column 'weight' at row 27]]>

</sqlMsgError> -<sqlNumberError>

<![CDATA[1265]]

I then did a search in the forum to see it anyone else had got this error on the upgrade.

As I had no results or answers I thought that I would try and empty (truncate) that table as that is what I assumed the error was saying to me. As I have tried to do this upgrade so many times I thought I had nothing to loose to I went in via phpmyadmin and emptied the table whilst it was version 1.5.0

That then gave me a success result on my upgrade to 1.5.2

Remember that this was just to get the system upgraded without errors. Items like theme,modules and shipping etc have still to be done to make it usable.

My standby server looks to be running well with the upgrade. I have used the translator to change my module Cash with order to Charge to my account and I can process orders to completion now. I intend to swap servers Saturday morning first thing, after I have aligned my stock and prices.

I then hope to prove PayPal and that should be it

It was the creation of a group that cleared my shipping error, not the above.

Hope you get yours working soon.

G