Understanding Hooks

I previously installed a blog module when I was running my Prestashop with a different template. The blog entries where shown by default in the left column of the pages. However, I have since installed a new template which does not have any columns on the home page and therefore the blog does not show at all (it does have a right column on the inner pages). What I want to do is move the blog to the footer. Does anybody know get the blog displaying in the footer?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

The module you were using will have a method in its main file, modulename.php, a method hookLeftColumn(). The output from this method was what was displayed on the left column. Now if you want module output to display on the footer you will need to do 3 things:

- change registerHook('leftcolumn') call within (possibly) install method to registerHook('footer')

- rename method name hookLeftColumn to hookFooter

- Modify styling, HTML etc generated by method to better fit the output into the footer.

This is a brief outline, more detailed instructions are outside scope of a forum help thread. If you need more help read up on developers guide, or seek professional help.

Marty Shue