Google Page Rank worthless?

AFemaleProdigy

I have a Prestashop website that has been running since March. I get over 9,000 unique visitors per month and over 15,000 total visits per month according to Google Analytics. I am in the top position for most of the keywords I have targeted. So how is it that Google gives me a page rank of 0??? I have another website that has been around for many years, barely gets any traffic at all, and is in a low position for key words. That website has a page rank of 3. That makes no sense. Anyone have any ideas why my PR would be 0 for a website that is clearly successful, important, and at the top of the game?

I have a Prestashop website that has been running since March. I get over 9,000 unique visitors per month and over 15,000 total visits per month according to Google Analytics. I am in the top position for most of the keywords I have targeted. So how is it that Google gives me a page rank of 0??? I have another website that has been around for many years, barely gets any traffic at all, and is in a low position for key words. That website has a page rank of 3. That makes no sense. Anyone have any ideas why my PR would be 0 for a website that is clearly successful, important, and at the top of the game?

Many website owners think PageRank (PR) and search engine rank are synonymous. However, these two components of a successful website are different. Although having a good value for both is extraordinary,

PageRank is a numerical value calculated by Google. The PageRank name and formula are trademarked and patented respectively by Google. The value is used to determine the popularity of a website. The popularity is measured by the amount of backlinks that point to pages on your website,For this reason, each page within the domain can have different PageRank values. It's not unusual for a domain's homepage to have a PR of six or seven while inner pages only have a value of three or four. PageRank is calculated by Google approximately four times a year, so your PR value will only see changes a few times each year.

PageRank only helps a website in the Google index. However, a successful rank in Bing and Yahoo require similar dedication and work. For most websites, success in Google is followed by success in Bing and Yahoo. Google has announced that PR values should not be the website owner's main concern. Instead, the website owner should focus on valuable content, easy navigation and a good user experience.

Search engine rank is a time consuming process that takes work and dedication. The ranking process is unique from PageRank in that it requires several factors. Some common search engine ranking factors include code implementation, keyword-rich content, regular updates and a sitemap.

Although both these search engine factors lead to a successful website, site owners should focus on content and a good user experience. Google can bring thousands of visitors to your website, but a website can still fail due to poor website design. Instead of focusing on search engines, focus on a good user experience and search engine rank will follow.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

well, there are 2 options - somebody is faking you traffic (there are several ways how to do that) or you haven't done the very basic seo steps.

Have you posted all your company credentials on the first page including the phone number (they have to match with information on G maps)? ... place cookie warning + create a FB, Twitter and G+ page.

from my experience it is very easy to get pr1 or higher to a new decent online shop of a legit company.

good luck,

Helmuts