order status standalone

safetyrestore

Hi,

We are a company that sell repair services online.

Customers send in their faulty items, and we repair it. I'd like to take the advantage of "order status" to notify them of the repair process.

Ok, so let me try explaining this. I am looking for an external program that I can launch on any computer in a warehouse to do the following:

Shipping/receiving department:

Checking in all orders by order #, once checked in all the statuses change to "item(s) received" for those orders. That'll notify the customer by email that we received his or her items and will start working on them soon.

Repair Department;

Once the item is checked in by order #, the status

Of it changes to "repair in progress". Again, this will notify the customer that repair process has begun. Then here, once the item is complete, the employee checks it out where the status changes to "repair successful/ready for shipment" where iit notifies the customer that the repair is successful and it being prepared for shipment.

Back to shipping department:

Once them item is checked out, the item status changes to "shipped".

So... Any ideas if something like this exists? I am currently doing it all one by one in prestashop admin, but I'd like something I can load on any computer with simple "enter order #" check in/check out.

Greatly appreciate the help ahead of time!

Edited by safetyrestore (see edit history)

Hello safetyrestore

Would you mind changing your title of the topic to lower case because these issues do get indexed on the web and it needs to regular writing if that makes any sense. If you click edit then full editor it will allow you to change but you must use the 1st message in the topic to do this.

Thank you

Clayton