Updating to 1.5.1: some tips

I had a few frustrating days trying to update my shop to 1.5.1. I still haven't succeeded. But I will offer a few observations - most about manual upgrade - that might help you if you get stuck:

- a rollback in the autoupgrade can be very mean. In my case it erased a couple of my database tables, including ps_access.

- the manual update has considerably changed. The new description is here (http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Manual+update+%28experts+only%29 ). There are still problems with it.

- if you have finished the manual upgrade you get an xml screen. If things go well it has a lot of text. If things go bad you get one line with an error code. You have to look in the upgrade.php file to see what they mean. Two errors that I have seen are "35" - a caching error. To repair that you should set the _PS_CACHE_ENABLED_ in your settings.inc.php to zero. Another error is "28": you are already on the latest version. This typically happens when your previous upgrade attempt failed. You can evade it by resetting the version number in settings.inc.php to a lower version but I don't know if there is a need to roll back things.

- another error in manual upgrade is specific for those not using one of the PS standard languages: you should copy the language subdirectory of your language in the "translations" directory from your old installation. If you don't do that the upgrade will crash.

Hey about the Payment gateways? PS 1.5 has less no google checkout, no paypal at the checkout last page

only bankwire, COD,.

Trust me you can never upgrade fully from 1.4.x to 1.5.1- you will somehow miss out something either in the BO or FO. I was forced to starting copying tables from new fresh install to the upgraded one.

regards