1.5.1 Modules not visible in admin

Hi, I had a problem after upgrading with modules page. see my post may be of some help, was a problem with paypal module and Dibs module.

http://www.prestasho...608#entry959608

I used http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/prestashop-15/catalog-setup/enable-error-reporting to enable error reporting if that helps also.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Greenpilgrim (see edit history)

Hi, thanks for your help. The error message referred to the PayPal module. I've gone around in many circles but now I have made some progress by installing 1.5.1 again but this time using 1 click upgrade in prestashop modules. Previously I have always used Softaculous via my hosting cPanel without issues but this time it appears to have caused problems. Oh and I did remove the Paypal module first and re-installed the latest version.

The solution isn't perfect. I think I have a lot of work to do yet to get everything functioning properly but at least the sites are live again and I have full access to admin. In particular product categories and features appear to be in a mess but that's a seperate issue.

Thank you for helping me.

Hello Malcom,

I'm happy you have found a suitable solution for now. I suggest you make a copy of the database onto a test site and you can do any changes to the testfirst before you make the changes to the live site. This way, you can know beforehand what you up against in terms of errors or other issues. You can create a private subdomain with your test site and copy the database and files into a new clean database for your test site.

• 2 months later...

That's OK.

You need to open config>config.inc.php and change the lines ralated to enabling error messages to "on", then upload to the ftp.

This work for me to find my problem in admin/modules.

Problem was: I was enable to go to modules, i manually edit config=>config.inc.php file and enable error messages to on and upload to my server. That shows my module error and I fixed that, Now I can access modules page.

Thank you so much

• Like 2