Transplant module ERROR

innocuous

Hi,

I have hidden the right and left columns on home page and resized to 976px.

I want to add new products block below featured products on the home page.

I am trying to transplant the module as below:

Module: New products block

Hook into: "homepage content" known as displayhome

Exceptions: blank

However i am getting the error " This module cannot be transplanted to this hook."

Why is this and what can I do to solve?

Using default theme prestashop 1.5.1

Thanks

Edited by innocuous (see edit history)

Most modules are limited in terms of where they can be hooked into. For the "New products block" this is limited to the right or left columns. This is determined in their php files. Just check /modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.php and compare this to /modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.php. You'll see "public function hookRightColumn($params)" and "public function hookLeftColumn($params)" at the end in blocknewproducts.php that allows hooking in those columns. While there's "public function hookDisplayHome($params)" at the end of homefeatured.php for hooking in the homepage content position.

It might work when you just replace 'public function hookRightColumn($params)" with public function hookDisplayHome($params)" in blocknewproducts.php but I haven't checked this. If this works, you'll still have to modify this module's tpl and css files so that it looks ok on the homepage.

• 4 months later...

hi i have created the hook as you said and gave the modules to it but these were not displaying in my front view hook.i am unable to see the modules in my backoffice but in front office it is not visible what to do now...?i have seen in firebug the div what ever i created can be visible but not the hooks.iam not geeting the modules in front office...?any help would be appreciated.I have cleared the cache and force compiled but the same prblm with it..?can any one help me.?

Edited by cool and charming (see edit history)