Possible Bug? v1.5.1

in

CMS Block configuration

If you type something in the Footer Informations section and then try to delete it after saving it just says "Please provide footer text for the default language".

Is there a way around this? I tried the answer on Forge and it does not work. Thanks in advance

try just using a space instead of deleting the entire field.

I assume you are using back office-->tools-->translations to modify the footer?

No, I am using CMS block configuration in modules. The space technique works, thanks. On a rleated note, how do you remove from the same section the pages it adds automatically, New Products, Our Stores, Contact page etc. They are not on the checklist so you cant untick?

thanks

No, I am using CMS block configuration in modules. The space technique works, thanks. On a rleated note, how do you remove from the same section the pages it adds automatically, New Products, Our Stores, Contact page etc. They are not on the checklist so you cant untick?

thanks

untick

then you may have to change your menu and/or footer to remove those cms links.

• Like 1

untick

then you may have to change your menu and/or footer to remove those cms links.

If you untick the column disappears completely. When you tick it the CMS pages you made are there and you can tick/untick them, but it auto adds these random ones I dont want. Do you know how get rid of these?

Thanks for your help and quick responses btw.

you are probably seeming hard coded links to cms pages...most footers and some menu's do not look to see if a cms page is enabled or not..nor do they check for added cms pages....best to put screen shots etc..as it's all really a guess....if it's keeping your from opening then get someone back office and ftp so they can fix it for you...

that would not be a native ps issue.

and it's not a butg unless there is a bug report...:) if you could change the title of the op to something more appropriate to yur problem as opposed to a 1.5 but, that would for me be a favor...as I'm a huge 1.5 fan...

surte

• 2 months later...

SOLUTION: Same thing happened to me, after adding some text in the Footer Information section, saving, then deleting and trying to save once again I got that error "Please provide footer text for the default language". The space method messes up my theme by moving the whole cms link column. So I figured out the correct solution is to click on the default language flag next to the textbox, and a bunch of new flags will show. To get rid of this error you have to simply click on each flag and delete the text that appears in the textbox on the left; for each flag. Save and the error should be gone. They should have made it more clear, wasted a bit of time on this. <_<

• Like 1

• 1 month later...