solved - Why is my server so slow?

I have been using the same server with all the right settings in Preferences as below and the caching as below - my host set it up for me - but when I load up my front page it is really slow - 16 seconds according to Firebug. I am using 1.462 version.

The back office is fast enough, my host is looking at another problem with g+1 stopped working and things it maybe a speed issue, Facebook has stopped posting images too - again my host thinks it maybe a speed issue.

Any experts able to analyze the site and tell me whats wrong? Link here

jahwaggyscreen.png

Edited by Twinkles (see edit history)

My host seem to find a solution - the RSS feed had lots of links from other sites which no longer worked. As soon as I killed them it worked. Much faster now. Thanks for the help - will mark as solved.

Nice to hear that now everything is ok :) Thank you for the info about how you solved this problem

regards

• 1 month later...

The issue was I had the RSS Feed block enabled but the feed was coming from a site that was offline, so the store was waiting for that to time out before loading the rest of the page. MY server people found it - go to say they are pretty good like that - otherwise I would have got stuck for ages :)

Do you have link to check?