Help with a serious prestashop problem

luke_vine

These are what the problems are:

• Only certain id’s of pages are displayed in the browser. for example, ‘category.php?id_category=6’ can be entered in the address and only category 1 will be displayed.
  • This is also the case for most pages such as CMS, Products etc.
  • The left hook section appears (at random) on pages where it sometimes should and should not. This causes the CSS to distort and items appear all over the place. Such as the product page.
  • Generally the problems are easily seen when visiting http://lovefromkent.co.uk/ (although strangely the homepage remained fine)

I believe the problem is somewhere in the region of URL rewriting and/or the way prestashop uses cache but that isn’t 100% certain.

The problem possibly occurred when I incorrectly pressed the option to use a cache file system but not 100% sure.

I can’t tell if it’s a file or database issue.

So far we’ve tried:

Restoring back to a point before the errors first occured but (unbelievably) that didn’t help.

Replacing the config files for settings and smarty cache.

Removing the contents of tools>smarty cache and config to totally clear these.

Using a fresh installation of prestashop and copying files into this to create the shop but

that was too complex as too many files had to be replaced.

If you can help please get in touch

Luke Illidge.

Web Developer.

Vine Digital, Media Agency.

Yes some of the core files have been changed. Generally the class and override files have been left alone but some of the php files are changed such as order.php

What are your thoughts. Have you heard of something similar before?

Yes, this is possible if you enable caching of Smarty force in the configuration (I'm talking about first two points), but perhaps in your case, the reason is something else

point 3 - not clear what you mean

Edited by SergeyH (see edit history)