Most important things you've done that have increased traffic

nuwanda

I created a two modules for our own shop:

1) run unlimited ccTLD's (url's etiendas.co.uk for example) on a single prestashop installation.

2) created module that combines all domain urls into a single sitemap for submisson

• all shops are indexed separately
  • for any shop that has more than one country offered at customer registration
  • significantly improves content SEO by country
  • no duplicate content penalty when using ccTLD's

happy geotargeting

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Elpatron,

I was reading thru your comment.

What do you mean exactly with your first point?

I have for instance many different domains. By running them onto a single prestashop installation, do you mean that you have 1 basic domain where your store is installed on and you have others playing as 'forward'?

Can you explain your option there? I would like to consider it if I have the possibility and it would improve my SEO.

http://www.etiendas....ain-pro-14.html

Hi Alcately,

With the module we wrote for ourselves and then published for the community you can have one installation (your base install) with multishops, so for our example we have .co as our base install.

Then for example using plesk one can alias multiple additional domains to the .co, (.co.uk for example) then using the admin tab in the back office, define all the important configuration options for each domain (shop). I also include with the module my sitemap module that will create once single sitemap containing all your shop domains.

Think of it as virtual shops, from the visitors perspective (including bots/search engines) each shop domain is treated as a stand alone web space.

Very simple to use...very easy to implement..

The goal is to create a domain for each country that you do business in using a ccTLD domain name....this can be .co.uk or uk.yourbasedomain...

Kind regards,

Fred

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)
  • Like 1