Whats wrong with Ver 1.5

I deliberately held back from several 1.4xxx upgrades awaiting ver 1.5. While many wonderful improvements have been made, there are several hidden gotchas that deserve consideration before someone else decides to make the leap. Given the seriousness of these problems v1.5 is not ready for release. It appears PrestaShop is pumping out code before a basic stability check is made.

Disclaimer: This message is only after 24hrs of use so there may be some controls that intuitively may require a Easter egg hunt.

1) Order edit does not allow a blank or custom item to be added. What were they thinking?

2) Even if you have quantity control turned off (drop shipping any one?) the order edit refuses to allow editing if a product has already been added to the order that has a 0 qty. It provides an endless warning loop.

3) The Order Edit only allows a discount in the sub-total area not a extra charge. placing a negative discount causes a crash. So a customer decides they want to upgraded to a faster delivery with additional charges. Wouldn't it be nice to add that additional charge. That is what many other shopping programs allow. Prestashop are you listening?

4) Where did the home product category list go? Selecting Categories does not show the home (front page) product list. For poor mysql programmer that will be fixing this, it is category index #1.

5) Related to problem #3, the install obliterated my main product image and I had to do a Easter egg hunt for it. /modules/editorial/homepage_logo_1 and ftp a new image.

6) How do you CSV a product upload with a picture? A well documented problem in the last 24hrs reveals that the picture upload mechanism is dead - which means no store uploads until this is fixed. Given the seriousness of this problem v1.5 is not ready for release.

*** Kudos to PrestaShop for droping there multi-line menu system and resorting to a clean functional drop down menu system :)

If you have found other issues or solutions please share so we all can benefit from your experience.

Update: 2012-09-25, There was just to many problems so I hit the roll back button - it failed to roll back and the store crashed. Fortunately I had done a manual backup via ftp and phpmyadmin/mysql before the upgrade. Whew! Looking at the blogs, this thing is a mess :(

Edited by jwzumwalt (see edit history)

I have tried to upload items with images via csv import and images do not upload with the file. Even a thumbnail regeneration doesn't allow the images to upload.

If this is not a bug then what is the fix for this? Have trouble reporting bugs with the bug tracker since its supposed to be in English but it takes a french person to figure out how to use it.