standard installation

Prestashop looks good but I cannot seem to get past stage 3 of installation

Any professional suggestions needed.

It is amazing that no one has an answer for this!

I have been in hosting for 10 years and why have a good looking software that is hard to install

it hangs on step 3 and as you know i am not the only person having these problems

No stupid sauggestions please like changing config files an d editing PHP

just a plain simple answer as to why this happens

can anyone of you please tell me why prestashop won't install past step 3

The shop runs fine but no admin access as of course the full installation was not completed.

PHP5 yes
mysql yes

This is a common problem but no one has a clear answer

ok that helps NOT and thanks for the useless advertising

maybe they should change the name to PRESTAFLOP

Ok serious how did you fix the problem as you say you had the same problem

i am using 21st century hosting systems so can't be them
although they are in ireland so could well be the problem lololololol

• 2 weeks later...
Ask your hosting provider to switch from cgi mode to isapi mode, this will solve your problem
It doesn't matter whether Php is installed as cgi or cli. We installed Prestahop on several servers with differnet Php modes, cgi and cli, and it works just fine. This is not the issue.

My question to "irishretail", when you said that installation halts at stage 3, what do you mean by that? Do you have any permission issues and/or ownership of the file? In other words, did you set the proper permission and/or ownership on all files/directories? Do you have access to root? If so, can you check Apache log file error_log for any errors?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
My question to "irishretail", when you said that installation halts at stage 3, what do you mean by that? Do you have any permission issues and/or ownership of the file? In other words, did you set the proper permission and/or ownership on all files/directories? Do you have access to root? If so, can you check Apache log file error_log for any errors?

apache error.log:

PHP Warning:  date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Helsinki' for '2.0/no DST' instead in C:\\Apache2.2-htdocs\\_presta\\install\\xml\\createDB.php on line 47, referer: http://localhost/_presta/install/

it seems that we must use date_default_timezone_set() function to set the timezone; I encountered this error before (if you try to use any date function in latest php versions); the only question is where to use this function in presta files; I'm installing it for the first time :)

I put it in install/xml/createDB.php:

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Bucharest');

and it worked. This is not optimum but after the installation completes you will have to erase the install folder anyway.

Presta should have a centralized way of dealing with timezones...

List of supported timezones in php

I too am new to PrestaShop and can not get past step 3, meaning I get to step 3, press the "next" buttom and nothing happens.

I have searched the forum for solutions and have attempted every one of them. I have deleted and reinstalled PrestaShop and the DB many times.

Is there a solution for this issue or should I look for a different shopping cart?

Thank you!

array('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Bucharest');
array('_PS_VERSION_', INSTALL_VERSION)

I have no idea what that means.

What I did was just to add

immediately after <?php in the file C:\\Apache2.2-htdocs\\_presta\\install\\xml\\createDB.php (your path might differ).

<?php

After I modified this I hit next in the installation page and it worked.

If that doesn't work, you can look into the apache error.log and see what is the last error.

I'm glad it worked :)

It's a shame that people get this error during installation because Presta Shop really looks promising.

Another thing: This error appears mostly when you install it locally. If you install it on some webhosting server and if the server if configured properly (timezone is set in php.ini) you will not get this error.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble installing Prestashop. Like many others with this same problem I'm stuck on step 3, the install will not go pass this step and I have no idea why. I'm not a developer or programmer just a graphic designer but I do understand some coding. I have setup my database with MySQL through my godaddy account. I've also tried many of the solutions offered on this forum but with no success. I uploaded the Prestashop files remotely on the godaddy server.

I notice that every time I go to my website with the installation I see two error message about the page that reads

Warning: include_once(../classes/Validate.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\5701953\html\install\classes\LanguagesManager.php on line 3

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../classes/Validate.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\5701953\html\install\classes\LanguagesManager.php on line 3

I would appreciate it if somebody could please help me out with this.

Thank you

• 1 year later...