[SOLVED] Prestashop Mobile Template for PS1.4 won't install

Hello

Have successfully uploaded the module but it won't install from Back Office.

It requests file permission changes, which I do, but it still won't install.

I have deleted the module and reinstalled it several times but still the same problem.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to do next?

Thanks.

Edited by marronne (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Have tried several times to install this module. Each time PS tells me that the settings and/or config files are not writable. Each time I change them to 777 - in fact I changed whole module to 777 but still it will not install and still it comes back with the same error message. Surely someone out there must know why? Please help .......

I am trying to install this add-on to PS 1.4.9.0 and I receive this error message:

Error: Your settings and/or your config files are not writable, please change the permissions on those files

The following module(s) were not installed successfully: mobile_theme

I can not identify what are the files that I need to change the permissions.

Huge thanks in advance for your time.

In your Module directory, you'll find your Mobile Theme folder and in there are all the files that the error message is referring to. The file permissions are variable - from extremely restricted access which is 644 (from memory) to access for all 777.

I use an FTP client to access my files on the server and changes the file permissions. I changed my file permissions to 777 across the entire Mobile Theme folder and still I get the same error message as you!

And no-one from the Prestashop team has answered my query, this being the second time of posting it!

Hello all, could you post the whole entire error, does it mention files like /config/config.inc.php, /header.php, /footer.php, /config/settings.php ... These are settings outside of the module in the root that need to have writable permissions like 755 or 777

Also, the /themes root folder needs to be writable

/themes/prestashop_mobile file should not exists, unless you have installed it yourself.

Make sure you have completed a backup before you delete any files.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

Hi Benjamin, after setting 775 to the files you mentioned above and trying to install the module I have received a blank page on front and BO, I fixed my page restoring these 2 files config.inc.php and settings.inc.php from config folder.

PS: not even

/* Debug only */

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

was not able to display what the error was.

I have even tried to delete the .htaccess file, this did not fixed as well.

I still think there is a problem with the module installer.

Thank you for any other suggestion.

Hello all, could you post the whole entire error, does it mention files like /config/config.inc.php, /header.php, /footer.php, /config/settings.php ... These are settings outside of the module in the root that need to have writable permissions like 755 or 777

Also, the /themes root folder needs to be writable

Hello Marronne, please make sure these folders are writable. I believe this will solve your problem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...