Too much images in img/p/ , any suggestions?

Hello ,

Few months after my installation of Prestashop , the hosting provider told me that my images folder ( img/s/) has too much files in it. Now i cannot even open it in with ftp or in cpanel. We are talking about 15 000 images ( maybe more ). How can i fix this issue? Because of this files the server sometimes crashes and returns 500 ( internal server error ) page. Am I able to separate this images in subfolders ? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Also : How can i backup all my producs ( with maybe the original image ) and then restore them. I'm thinking of making a new install of prestashop 1.5 and then making only 2 or 3 image sizes.

You should be able to backup your site in cpanel with the backup wizard. If you choose Home Directory and MYSQL Databases, they will download automatically to your computer. Then you can sort through the images folders and do what you want with them. Then someone (you if you have ssh access to enter delete commands) or your webhost can delete the files in the huge folder. Of course, your site will be missing tons of images when that happens. The question I would like to know is, how did they all get in there? It almost seems like someone has hacked into your site and is serving up illegal software and videos there. That's what usually causes a problem like that.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have similar issue, my img/p currently sits at 120Gig!  100's of people have the same issue if you Google this topic.  Its crazy that there is no clean up tool.  Very very disappointing Prestashop!

Hi, Same problem here, 1 week spent in google to solve it and not solved. https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/313182-never-solved-image-folder-structure-crashes-inode-server-limits/