500 error after doing nothing

kashyyyk

Lsat night my site worked, but this morning I'm getting the 500 errror message, where should I start looking, I can get in ftp and cpanel, I'm not getting an error log through the cpanel, I think its a host thing. Is there a list of directory settings in case somehow something changed, I never changed any from the default installation.

Dan

it can be a DB problem, or configuration invalid, but it isn't recommended to check these things manually, if you don't have experience. You can try a monitoring service to do the check for you. They can test a looot of things, so you'll have your problem located and then you'll know what to fix. here's a related article with more info. Good luck!

I often get 500 errors with an old 1.3.6 presta install. It occurs when the script you are calling times out - 30 secs in our server's case.

This seems to be less of a problem with newer versions, and is random - so I guess it is dependent on how hard your server is having to work to crunch what is going on. The module page in the BO was particularly bad for this, with page load times of 25 secs+