1.5 Upgrade from 1.4.9.0 failed - rollback failed too

When I upgraded from a 1.4.9.0 working shop, I got this error:

[ERROR] PHP 1.5.0.4 /* PHP:update_mailalerts_add_column_idshop(); */ 1 - unable to create column id_shop (Table 'samurai_1_2.ps_mailalert_customer_oos' doesn't exist)

Warning detected during upgrade.

The rollback failed too so now the shop is broken. Restoring from a manual upgrade now.

Manual upgrade using the upgrade.php script runs OK, but the site is broken afterward. Front page is totally messed up, and various pages are broken.

I wonder if it's because I went from 1.2.5.0 to 1.4.9.0? Is there a better upgrade path I should attempt?

Edited by lowlight (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Me too.... This is not looking good because although I cannot read French, a search of upgrade errors in the forum throws up a LOT of people complaining.

I assume I now re-install from scratch and then restore the database but can I install 1.5 and restore my old DB?? or should I re-install 1.4 and restore?

I will try both but some quick responses on this forum would be usefull.

You're not alone. I would comment that upgrading from 1.2 is a long way... I would suggest a manual upgrade to 1.4.8.2 (I'm on it and it's working fine) or 1.4.9.0 (Couldn't get this to work but a lot of people are using it.).

Although 1.5 is working, it seems to work best from a clean install, there's a lot of complaints about upgrading, I haven't managed to get it to work yet and I've tried alot!

The other thing to bear in mind is if you have any customized modules and theme

Me too.... This is not looking good because although I cannot read French, a search of upgrade errors in the forum throws up a LOT of people complaining.

I assume I now re-install from scratch and then restore the database but can I install 1.5 and restore my old DB?? or should I re-install 1.4 and restore?

I will try both but some quick responses on this forum would be usefull.

I failed to restore a 1.4 DB into 1.5.

My recommendation to anyone with a working 1.4 system - DO NOT UPGRADE TO 1.5!

I installed 1.4.9 tonight, then tried to upgrade to 1.5, but found out that I needed to download the newest version of 1Click Upgrade 0.8.2 from the Prestashop Store. Then I was able to get though the upgrade to 1.5. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!