Upgrading from 1.4.7.0 to 1.4.9.0

Hello

I'm trying to upgrade from 1.4.7.0 to 1.4.9.0

I'm trying to manually upgrade due to the autoupgrade not working as my server root has system files that do not allow permissions to be changed on....grrr

So I'm following instructions at http://doc.prestasho...ting+PrestaShop

I am at the stage where I've uploaded the update to a new directory and deleted the install file.

The settings file define(‘__PS_BASE_URI__’, ‘/’) is pointing at the new directory.

Now when I try to open the url ie www.mysite.com/newupgrade I get:

The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

If I try to login ie it now tells me ie www.mysite.com/newupgrade/adminnew/login.php I get:

SSL is activated. Please connect using the following url to log in in secure mode (https).

I don't use ssl on the un-upgraded site and it's not activated in preferences. There are also no ssl certificates generated on my server.

So I'm stuck : /

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ok, I have an idea.

I have copied the current install from the root folder into a subdirectory.

Maybe the autoupgrade will work from there because the unwriteable system file that's causing the autoupgrade issue is located in the root.

So I've changed the __PS_BASE_URI__’ in the subdirectory to the subdirectory name.

Thing is if I try to open the copied shop's url it just redirects to the root shop (in firefox but in ie page won't even load)

Is there something I need to do to get the subdirectory installation to work?

BTW I am now doing this with 1.5.0.17 not 1.4.9.0

hoping for some ideas

thanks