[SOLVED] Cannot access admin after renaming folder on MAMP

I installed a clean version of Prestashop 1.4.9 on my MAMP localhost. Everything went smooth until I deleted the install folder and renamed the admin folder to admin123. Then when I entered the username and password in the login to access BO and it gave me a Server Error. I deleted everything and tried it again with new install thinking the original install was corrupt, but I'm betting the same error.

I can see the login.php file is in the admin folder. Not sure what I did wrong? HELP Please! :wacko:

post-369082-0-30283100-1347587959_thumb.png

post-369082-0-44194200-1347587972_thumb.png

Edited by michaelvila (see edit history)

Ok, I solved it. I had to change my MAMP ports to the default Apache and MySQL ports. Not sure how WAMP works for windows, but I assume it's the same: Here are the steps:

1. Start MAMP
  2. Go go 'Preferences'
  3. Click Ports tab
  4. Click 'Set to default Apache and MySQL Ports'

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I installed a clean version of Prestashop 1.4.9 on my MAMP localhost. Everything went smooth until I deleted the install folder and renamed the admin folder to admin123. Then when I entered the username and password in the login to access BO and it gave me a Server Error. I deleted everything and tried it again with new install thinking the original install was corrupt, but I'm betting the same error.

I can see the login.php file is in the admin folder. Not sure what I did wrong? HELP Please! :wacko:

You may need to update your .htaccess file if any. Make a backup the old one and delete it. Then try to access to the Back Office once more. IF you can login, then generate a new .htaccess file.

already do this but i'm still can not access my bo.. please help with ps 1.5.6 with automaticly upgrade