"Prestashop could not connect to USPS webservices :

USPS Webservice seems to be down, please wait a few minutes and try again"

Details:

Linux hosted webserver at 1&1

I have manually created the php.ini file to enable FOpen

I have used the script builder in my 1and1 control panel to enable FOpen

The configuration page still indicates that FOpen is not enabled

My USPS API IS in production mode

I have been working on this for nearly a month and cannot seem to figure out what is going on. Additionally, I could just go with flat rate shipping since all of the items ship for $2.95, but when I go to check out it tells me that there is no shipping carrier available. . . .

I'm at a loss with this and have a VERY HIGH level of technical acumen. . . .

I normally use Concrete5 for my sites, but this customer was adament about prestashop and this is my first prestashop website. Below is the email that USPS sent me:

Thank you for contacting the USPS® Internet Customer Care Center and using the U.S. Postal Service's Web Tools Application Program Interfaces (APIs).

I see you are using Prestashop and am glad to assist.

I have updated your profile to allow you access to the Production Server.

1. The Production Server URL is: http://production.shippingapis.com. For APIs calling the secure server, the URL is https://secure.shippingapis.com.

2. There is a line of code that refers to "shippingapitest.dll". You'll need to remove the word "test".

Since you are using third party software, if you need assistance, please contact the vendor of the software. They should be able to assist you in obtaining live information using our APIs.

Additionally, if I use the 1and1 "click and build" that installs prestashop for you (rather than the manual install method) I do not see the FOpen issue. My 1&1 account is business and I have FULL access to php etc

Not sure what I'm missing but this is driving me insane, so any help is GREATLY appreciated. My only other option is to start from scratch and build the store out of Concrete5 instead and they really want this solution, so I would rather not do that.

Thanks in advance guys!!

post-391534-0-11094700-1345509621_thumb.png

post-391534-0-93587100-1345509622_thumb.png

post-391534-0-34989200-1345509753_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

Additionally, if I use the 1and1 "click and build" that installs prestashop for you (rather than the manual install method) I do not see the FOpen issue. My 1&1 account is business and I have FULL access to php etc

Not sure what I'm missing but this is driving me insane, so any help is GREATLY appreciated. My only other option is to start from scratch and build the store out of Concrete5 instead and they really want this solution, so I would rather not do that.

Thanks in advance guys!!

I am having the same issue, what a joke, There is no help, I am also moved to production server which was suppose to fix the issue, It still won't allow me to configure, PS is not responding.  I ditto your response, please let me know if you get a fix, my email is [email protected]

• Like 1