Colour picker linking to product image

Can anyone help clarify the functionality of the colour picker and if it links to the images displayed?

I would like the colour picker to link to the correct colour image. So, if you have 3 shirts, pink, blue, and lilac, I would expect that when you click on the pink colour tile on the colour picker that the image would change to the display the pink shirt.

I have ticked the correct image within each colour attribute but with no success when you test it out on the live site.

This functionality seems to work on the demo but I can't get it working.

I'm using v 1.4.7.3, and the default theme.

post-387016-0-56561500-1344025294_thumb.jpg

OK. I think the problem is in having colour and size attribute groups. When I remove the size attributes the colour picker works as I would expect.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get the colour picker working as well as having size attributes on a product?

Assuming you create the combinations correctly (if you have 4 colors and 3 sizes, you should have 3 * 4 = 12 combinations), it should work fine as long as you associate each combination with the appropriate color image.

While it could be a tedious job, you can check out this module which would be a major time saver, as it lets you edit all the combinations (and associate them with images) from one page.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/140686-module-mass-combination-editor-edit-product-combination-attributes-all-at-once-on-one-page/

Thanks Tomerg3.

In my example I have 3 colours available in 13 sizes. From what you have said I should have 3 * 13 = 39 combinations.

At the moment I only have 16 combinations, 3 colours and 13 sizes. It's going to be a time consuming job adding all the extra combinations.

If I understand you correctly you're saying the the 'Mass Combination editor' module will save time when adding these combinations.

I'll have a look at the demo and see if it does what i want it to.

I misunderstood the advice from Tomerg3.

I thought for each colour I had to add a size. So Pink 0/3 months, blue 0/3 months, lilac 0/3 months. Prestashop doesn’t allow this, returning an error ‘This combination already exists.’

Next step is to check out the 'Mass Combination editor' module.

I played around with my attributes, removing them and adding them back in again, renaming the colour puplic dropdown, and it's now working as I would have expected. I would like to know what was causing it not to work. It's unclear. Could have been user/my error...

Having checked out the module I can see it would make managing attributes easier.

I had a similar problem with shirts and colors. The short answer to your problem is to upload all your pics, create each combination (use the generator for more than a few or so) and then modify each combination and select the images you want to display..

Like this..

Add small

Add blue

Select images

Save

Add small

Add red

Select images

Save

Add medium

Add Blue

Select Images

Save

And so on for each variation of size and color.

For more than a few, do the combination generator then go back and select the images on each combo..

Make sure the image you want is first in the image order list. For me I needed a shirt with a design on it and just a pic of the design so I added add the shirts first and uploaded the design last. You can re-arrange them on the images tab.

I have been jacking with this for over a month now.

If you are not a developer and comfortable with doing database stuff, you would probably be well served buying the mass combination module.

If you are.. here is a thread where I conquered this manually

http://www.prestasho...__1#entry871050

Here is a shirt with 5 sizes and 8 colors I did manually adding to the database as in the above thread.

http://www.birdbrain...andard-tee.html

Its not pretty.. but it works ok.

Good Luck.

• 3 years later...

Hi please see that i am in a similar situastion. 

I want to create a parent child relationship for each product on a csv file.

I know how to create a product with a drop down menu for choosing a colour however this is not what i need.

I require that once you click the parent product another page opens on that page the child shows up with a drop down colour menu.Eg 5 colours and each colour you click links to the same main picture but the secondary image is a high resolution colour .Each time you click a variation it opens up a new page with the same picture of the the parent but has a secondary image being the colour.

Please help as urgently need to get this started asap.

Thanks greatly

zamin