Authorize.net Malformed Response Error (& Already read related Posts!)

I am REALLY in desperate need of help with an issue regarding Authorize.net Module v1.4.2. We have already tried everything we've found in related posts (although most seemed to be related to PS v1.4.7, and sounded as though they would be fixed in 1.4.8.) There seems to be a LOT of info below, I know, but I've tried to be extremely thorough upfront, having seen some of the questions coming back and forth - This is really urgent for me, so I don't want to waste anyone's time. THANK YOU!!

My server info:

• Host: Hostmonster
  • Apache 2.2.22
  • PHP v 5.2.17
  • MySQL v5.1.63-community-log
  • Architecture: x86_64
  • SSL: YES- For this domain, as my main domain, & running on Dedicated IP.

Prestashop Info:

• Prestashop v1.4.8
  • Authorize.net Module v1.4.2
  • CC Processor is E-Processing, and they use an Authorize.net Emulator to process the transactions.

ISSUE:

• After entering in Credit Card information and clicking the "Validate" button, the credit card process perfectly through the gateway - (Confirmed WITH gateway, and can see the transactions with gateway portal)
  • However, the end user is taken to 'https://www.dggunshop.net/modules/authorizeaim/validation.php, a page that says:

"Authorize.net has returned a malformed response, abort. "

Product remains in cart, even though CC was charged.

TRIED the following:

• In the validation.php (attached below), I have changed the URL from Authorize.net to our gateways, eproccessing network, URL. No other changes have been made.

• Uninstalled Authorize.net module and reinstalled several times, including updating to the newest v1.4.2.

validation.php.zip

If ANYONE could offer some assistance with this, I would be SO appreciative!! :)

Thank you,

Kiley

• 3 months later...

This issue was fixed for me by removing block elements from the HTML form in 'authorizeaim.tpl' from the modules/authorizeaim/ folder. I had a <div> nested within the form itself, and for some reason, IE would never submit the $_POST data for that form. I think it has to do with stricter form structure expectations of IE. The error “ Authorize.net returned a malformed response, aborted. “ is gone for me.

• 4 months later...

Could you please post the actual code changes that you made to your files to resolve this issue? I am new to Prestashop, and I am trying to get my Authorize.net emulator to work with eProcessingNetwork. I am getting the exact same error as you, but I am running PS 1.5.3 and Authorize.net AIM v 1.4.4. I don't have an option to upgrade to a later version of the Authorize.net emulator.

Thanks!

Susanne

• 6 months later...