404 Errors/SSL issue? - Go Daddy says .htaccess Problem

Hi all :)

I am a newbie...yes....and I have installed Prestashop and set up a lot of the backend before realising I had issues with pages such as wishlist, search, my account, login, & cart - all these pages came up with a 404 and yet all of my product pages and CMS pages including the sitemap were fine. So I thought these pages just needed a SSL certificate to function and so I organised one.

My domain is hosted with Go Daddy and so I purchased the SSL through them. It has been issued and installed correctly, as double checked by Go Daddy.

I enabled the SSL in the backend but still the same errors occurred. I tried regenerating the .htaccess file but to no avail. Also now the sitemap does not work and comes up with:

XML Parsing Error: no element found

Line Number 1, Column 1:

I thought maybe there was a problem with the SSL so I had Go Daddy check it out. Everything is fine at that end however their tech guy said the .htaccess file was looking for a folder called "orders" and yet no such folder existed. They suggested I should look into the .htaccess file as it was causing the problem.

I rechecked my upload contained everything to start with and it does - I generated the .htaccess file through the Prestashop backend so I don't know why it wouldn't be correct? Why would the generator create a .htaccess file that looks for a folder that is not even included in the Prestashop install? Does not make sense.

I have no clue where to go from here and would appreciate any help or ideas - already I have spent now 2 days trying to solve this issue!

Thanks!! My site is www.handbagitis.com

• 2 years later...