Paypal cannot be displayed in a frame error by IE

I face some problem with paypal as it doesn't want to be displayed in a frame. When I hit the "I confirm my order" button, with IE browser, It said "This content cannot be displayed in a frame. What you can try 'open this content in a new window' " and when I click that suggestion, a new window is displayed and this time hitting the button "I confirm my order" button works...

Also, if I right click on the "I confirm my order" button and select "open link with new tab or new window", it works!

Learn more... it has to do with the iframe....

Any suggestion which module to do some changes to have the button "I confirm my order" open a new window to solve this problem?

Many thanks!

I am using Prestashop 1.4.8.2 and Paypal 2.8.7

Edited by davidtiong (see edit history)

I solve the problem:

modify this file

\TOOLS\SMARTY\COMPILE\xxxxxxxx.FILE.PAYMENT.TPL.PHP where xxxxxxxx is generated by your SSL

added: target="_blank" to this line:

<p class="payment_module" height="">

<a href="<?php echo $_smarty_tpl->getVariable('base_dir_ssl')->value;?>

modules/paypal/payment/submit.php" target="_blank" title="<?php echo smartyTranslate(array('s'=>'Pay with PayPal','mod'=>'paypal'),$_smarty_tpl);?>

">

• 3 weeks later...

hi david, I use exactly the same versions of PS and PayPal and miss desperatly the iframe version/option. But I understand that you did NOT get it to work with iframes either, right? You now open PayPal in an own windows? For me the redirect to Paypal.com works but nonetheless an iframe option would be preferred...

Paypal does not work in a frame or iframe, at least not the regular version.

There is a paypal Advanced which uses an iframe, and paypal Pro, which lets you host the payment on your site (CC only)

But afaik that version is not available in my country. Which is Germany.

Btw, are you still working on a DHL module?

Phil

• 10 months later...