Installation Problem - Cannot Move Beyond Shop Settings

I am trying to install Prestashop 1.4.8.2 . Everything went on fine, until Shop Configuration. When I filled up the page and click Next, the system wouldn't proceed to the next page, yet, wouldn't tell me what's wrong. I checked the forum and found a posting that has the same problem as I do.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/97718-installation-problem-hanging-on-shop-configuration/

I tried the suggestion there, and turned off error reporting. But it didn't seem to work.

I realize that the database has been populated. The frontend is working. I tried to access to the backend (/admin), but because no user has been created, I cannot log into the system.

Would someone please kindly help here? Any hint and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am currently dealing with this issue.

After three attempts and not being able to get past the shop configuration screen (frontshop did work after backing out of the attempt) I decided to call prestashop. Apparently some hosting providers work better than others with prestashop, the tech support guy at prestashop reccommended on and also reccommended to setup, install, and optimize prestashop for me. Should be done this afternoon. I'll update you and let you know how it goes.

Thx qgadgets for your sharing. Is there a number I can call Prestashop for tech support? Does it cost any to have a tech support guy at prestashop to setup, install, and optimize prestashop? Please kindly advice. Thanks!

I had great service from a gentleman name Benjamin U. He set up, installed and optimized prestashop for me in a speedy and proffesional manner. I hope he gets some credit from the company, he was more than helpful and I'm sure I will have questions for him in the future. I contated the 1 - 888 number on prestashops home page and just asked for tech support. Initially he had me try a few things and after about 3 attempts he just offered to do it, free of charge.

I will reccomend prestashop to everyone, great customer service!

• Like 1