Layout - General questions

hello, i´ve a general question about the layout

how and in which file can i change the layout? for example the position of the boxes ("viewed products", "manufacturers" and so on) or the position of the search field and other links

how´s the layout built up? main areas and sub areas and so on?

thx very much in advance

hello thanks for the infos

i use both firexfox and bug

just a fundamental question - until now if worked with dreamweaver so this is new for me the smarty thing

for example when i look with firebug on the main page/start page, then in the html section appear all the nice div tags  which defines the div areas, but in which file in my directory is this code i see here in firebug under html? in the index.php and index.tpl files not? i know this is because of the smarty technology but how can i change it then?

thx in advance

i put an image here now so you understand better what i mean, i only wanna know where i can change the code displayed here in the red border, in which i can define the areas which are built there then dynamically with php so it appeares, the global source files with the layout definitions

thx very much!!!!!

prestashop.png

just wanna say that it´s awesome what you could all do with the backend and transplanting boxes and so on that´s really great what you did!

only that you don´t understand me wrong, just wanna become more familiar with the code so i could be able to make modules of my own and so on

was trying magento too, but prestashop is much more powerful because it´s "simply" faster to load and easier to navigate for the costumer