1.5 RC 1 Error when creating a second multi-store.

Hi

I just did new install to test weather multi-store set up actually adds the .htaccess file.

I am trying to get a multi-store on a subdirectory:

1. preferences -> general -> enable multi-store

2. advanced parameters -> multi-store

3. add new shop (didn't set the new shop url, just added the new shop only)

//at this point I checked to see if prestashop created the .htaccess file, and it did not create it.

seems the .htaccess file is required or else 404 errors will occur when surfing to multi-shops.

Edited by harmon (see edit history)

When is the .htaccess file actually created by prestashop, after clicking new shop -> save?, or after clicking "click here to set an url for this new shop"?

Currently in prestashop 1.5 RC 1, after clicking new shop -> save, the .htaccess file hasnt been created yet.

When setting the individual multi-store settings:

Should the "main url" be the name of the "subdirectory" the multi-store will be on relative to the somestore.com? Or must it be a top level domain like "somestore.com"?

Should the "Domain" be set to: somestore.com/subdirectory/ ?

What should be entered into the Physical url if you want the multi-shop to be on a subdirectory?

What should be put in the above settings is confusing.

Edited by harmon (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

The .htaccess was not created by prestashop during multi-store install, I had to create a .htaccess file myself, then give it chmod 777 permissions. Still the multi-store is not showing properly, and is taking forever to load.

And is giving trouble in the url:

index.php?controller=404

Edited by spuhg (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

my First store url is:http://www.wisknowtech.com/prestashop ...This one is working fine...and we added the URL and shop in Prestashop multistore setting

... my multi store url is: http://www.wisknowtech.com/prestashop/onlinestore2/

but this url is not working ..got error...Server Error in Application "WISKNOWTECH.COM"

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

i was change the setting of SEO & URL Friendly url is enable..but second store is not working.....please give me solution....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...