Custom/specific price for a product type (disable stock control for single attribute)

avathar

Hi,

I need a function (checkbox or select field), which changes the product price ,but don't affect to product quantity.

What i'm trying to do? (i'm using version 1.5.0.13)

for example:

ticket with option: normal and reduced(student). Reduced option should be of course lower price(eg 50%.)

What i tried?:

- i can add attribute eg. ticket_type and set values normal and reduced,

but i have a bunch of other attributes such as time,day,month and adding another attribute doubles combinations number and creates stock qty problem.

- i can also create a specific users group eg. user_students, but i don't think that it is a good solution.

Because user_students won't be able to buy normal ticket if he wants to buy ticket for someone else.

- The next thing i can do is catalog price rule assigned to product feature, but unfortunatelly product feature isn't selectable(changable)- it is persistent once assigned to product.

- i can also create cart rule(voucher), which can be realized at checkout page, but what if someone wants to buy more tickets ? is it possible to multiplicate the same coupon ?

So i think that the best approach would be attribute ticket_type which is not subtracting from stock qty(exculded from stock control). But at this moment, i don't now which file i need to modify to achieve that.

The second possible solution are vouchers, but once again at this moment i don't know how to multiply one voucher by product chosen qty.

Any advice? maybe different approach, or any available module ?

Regards, Tom

Edited by avathar (see edit history)