Special Characters in Product names & descriptions - 1.4.4.1

gdinari

I have an existing shop that is live and working fine, but at some point, which I can't remember, I started to notice special characters in the product names and descriptions. I did do some database imports and hosting transfers, so that might have been when this problem occurred.

I did some research and about this issue and didnt find much about it. What I did find suggested that its an encoding issue with either prestashop or editor program used to do an import (i.e. excel). I looked for solutions for converting my existing database to the correct format utf-8, which I think my database isn't converted to. I couldn't find a proven solution for achieving this conversion.

Here is an example (look at the product name): http://www.rockfabulousstyles.com/dresses/280-dress.html

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I would appreciate some help with this problem.

Thanks a lot!

Hi

You should reimport your products but this time let the encoding of the csv be utf-8. The best and easy way to do it is to upload the excel file to Google Documents and download it from there as csv. You'll find that option once you open your file in google docs.

Other than that, your website has a speed problem. I suggest you a performance review.

Regards.

• Like 1