Specific prices for specific countries

Hi

I need for some products to show different prices to visitors from some particular countries, than their default prices are.

So i went to BO - Catalog - (some product) - 3.Prices, and i set a specific price of that product for some countries, which is 0.5eur higher than default price (15eur /reduction 0/ instead of 14.5eur).

However it didn't change the displayed price for the product for those countries (a friend from one of those countries has checked it, it's the same as the default price)

Does this feature at all do what i'm expecting it to do?

Thanks a lot in advance

If I remember, the country detection is done from the address of the customer.

The customer has to be logged in to see the prices for his country.

Not logged customer see the default prices.

• Like 1

When a customer from one of those countries is logged in, then the system recognizes the ip address and he/she will see that altered price.

Not exactly.

When the customer is logged in, the country is detected from the delivery address the customer has given, not from its IP address

Not exactly.

When the customer is logged in, the country is detected from the delivery address the customer has given, not from its IP address

Oh indeed :)

It turned out to be much more prosaic method than i thought :D

Though it seems that elpatron's modul will use visitor's ip address after all.

Hi,

we have some module to do that, but i think the choice to use the IP address to validate the country it's an error because i can use any ip where i can be and i can be in country but order in another country to delivere in another too.

some of our module can put different price for different pays or currencies.

http://www.prestatoolbox.com/our-modules/86-currency-by-country.html

http://www.prestatoolbox.com/multi-store-prestashop/56-price-depending-on-the-currency.html

http://www.prestatoolbox.com/multi-store-prestashop/196-currency-by-domain.html

It's not exactly the same of your query but i think it's possible to satisfay your wich.

• 3 weeks later...

Use the IP is an error because the ip prouve your name of your connexion for your computer and it's not a profof of your location and I'm french and i would like to paiud every time the good french price either like i'm in other country in the world.

I think elpatron's approach (through IP addresses) is pretty good one.

After all there's certainly no way to determine whether a visitor from one country is actually a resident of another country.

Btw, using different currencies as a price selector too can be wrong. For instance, many countries have euro as currency.

• 2 months later...

We have released  module to support specific prices,shipping,taxes etc for logged and non logged customers.

Geo Targeting Pro by Country Prices, Taxes, Currency, +

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/geo-localization/geo-targeting-pro-price-by-country

Benefits for Merchants

• Significantly reduces non-logged international visitor's cart abandonment by localizing on visitor's country seamlessly using your existing PrestaShop by country specific prices | currency | cart rules | taxes | and more. 
  • Confidently presents ‘by country’ specific prices, showing tax included/excluded properly for non-logged international visitors and more.
  • 100% compatible with all your PrestaShop's Geo Location features.
  • No redirects, SEO safe.

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We have released our module to support specific prices,shipping,taxes etc for logged and non logged customers.

Forum Thread

Module Home

We hope you like our work.

Hi to all,

I have installed this incredibly useful module in my shop, and it works just perfect B)

You can choose how the module will behave depending on wheather users are logged in or not, by selecting the corresponding item from a drop-down menu. Simply and efficiently.

I have chosen to determine customer's country by their IP address when they're not logged-in, and to use their registered country when they're logged-in.

What's more, it even has an IP simulator included, so you can test it by yourself.

Thanks elpatron for your work

• Like 1