Can I assign two manufacturers to one specific product?

jerosarria

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask you if it's possible to assign two manufacturers to one specific product. Or if you can guide me in a better solution to my problem, which I expose:

Basically I have my catalog which is cell phone accesories. For example my categories are: leather cases, silicon cases, screen protectors, data cables.... All of them are non-branded so I dont really need to specify a manufacturer, but on the other hand I wanted to use the "manufacturer" to write the phone models (for example: iPhone4, Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation....) and so when you search in the drop-down box of manufacturers for "Galaxy S II" it will show you all the products (leather cases, silicon cases, screen protectors which are for Galaxy S II).

The problem comes when a leather case is generic and is valid for both Galaxy S II and for HTC Sensation. What to do in this case?

If you feel there's a better way to solve this situation I would appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Thanks Prescol, do you know any other way where I can add the different models and assign the products to that/those specific models? So that the user can choose a model in the frontend and see all the products related to that model.

I dont really need to do it with the manufacturers module, but it was the first idea that I tried...