Prestashop installation 3rd step database configuration problem

Hi ,

I have a problem in the 3rd step of prestashop installation , even I created a database before i started installation when i enter my database server name , name , login and password correctly there is an error occurs 'Database server was not found, please verify the login, password and server fields' .How can i fix this problem ?

Any answer is welcome.

Build a php file with the above contents I provided.

Change the MySql connection info in it like pass, username.

Copy it t to the root via ftp and try to call that file.

Then see whether you can connect or not. If not, you will see an error. Share that error here and we'll take a look at it.

Build a php file with the above contents I provided.

Change the MySql connection info in it like pass, username.

Copy it t to the root via ftp and try to call that file.

Then see whether you can connect or not. If not, you will see an error. Share that error here and we'll take a look at it.

I created the php file change the content according to my information and put it to the root by ftp.Question is how can i call this file and see the error ?

the warning is like that

'Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /mnt/webg/d2/46/52991846/htdocs/prestashop/testest.php on line 3

Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)'

it seems that my information does not match but i filled out all the infos are correctly..

Edited by hberenturk (see edit history)

When connecting to a MySQL server located on the local system, the mysql client connects thorugh a local file called a socket instead of connecting to the localhost loopback address 127.0.0.1.

Instead of copying and pasting the solution here is a summary to fix that:

http://www.tech-reci...t-tmpmysqlsock/

Implement the fix after the line "To make your life easier, you..."

Please update the forum about the result.

Edited by Caglar (see edit history)

Can you post what details you are putting in - a screenshot would be useful too. Normally this is because people dont put in the details correctly. Is it a Windows server ? Linux? Local installation on your PC?

its a windows server .I tried to acces from localhost also but both of the cases there are errors.

I tried all the possibilities instead of localhost i wrote 127.0.0.1 also changed the database type the result does not change..

When connecting to a MySQL server located on the local system, the mysql client connects thorugh a local file called a socket instead of connecting to the localhost loopback address 127.0.0.1.

Instead of copying and pasting the solution here is a summary to fix that:

http://www.tech-reci...t-tmpmysqlsock/

Implement the fix after the line "To make your life easier, you..."

Please update the forum about the result.

In here it seems that there is no mysql.sock file , I searched but i couldnt find it.Maybe this is the source of the problem..

Edited by hberenturk (see edit history)

Can you change the test file like below:

<?php
$con=MySQLdb.connect(user=”peter”,passwd="abc123",db=”yourdatabase_name”,unix_socket=”/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock”);
if (!$con)
 {
 die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
 }
// some code
?>

and tell me the result?

Edited by Caglar (see edit history)

i use xampp for mysql server and php ; in xampp directory there is a tmp but inside of mysql file there is no tmp file.

In my.cnf file it writes that ' socket= "C:/xampp/mysql/mysql.sock" ' but in mysql files as i said there is no mysql.sock file.As i know mysql creates mysql.sock automatically am i right or should i copy it to the folder?

As you say, the mysql.sock should be automatically created once your server is up and running. I don't know where it is located but yhe autostart settings socket can be off.

Consequently, you may consider to uninstall and reinstall the mysql server.

is there a possible solution without uninstall mysql server? There is no mysql.sock file and i have to fix it by modifying my.ini file as i think but couldnt achieve since now.. can it be related with port crash ? like 1 week im stuck with this problem..

anyone has an idea how can i fix the mysql.sock problem ? or can somebody say something about, there are some files inside of mysql my.huge , my.large etc. are they related with my.ini ? coz as i understand i should change socket location in my.ini but there are still something missing

I think that is not (only) a mysql problem.

1) Download a new package from this site ( They change something in the package in the last two weeks. It's 300 kb bigger as the old version with the same version number )

2) Don't change something in the mysql configuration

3) Try to take the root account and use it without a password

( For a local testinstallation it should be ok )

If that is possible you can try other settings. Perhaps you can select 127.0.0.1 in the phpmyadmin online menu. I couldn't locate the bug, but I could use the database with this useraccount.

Edited by Suxxess (see edit history)

I think that is not (only) a mysql problem. 1) Download a new package from this site ( They change something in the package in the last two weeks. It's 300 kb bigger as the old version with the same version number ) 2) Don't change something in the mysql configuration 3) Try to take the root account and use it without a password ( For a local testinstallation it should be ok ) If that is possible you can try other settings. Perhaps you can select 127.0.0.1 in the phpmyadmin online menu. I couldn't locate the bug, but I could use the database with this useraccount.

It does not work , i uninstalled prestashop and reinstalled it but result is still same.. I really dont know what is the problem exactly, mysql.sock can not be created but like 10 days i couldnt fix it.. maybe i should use a host provider because in localhost it does not work until now