Weird Access Denied Error in Tag Cloud after moving to new server

My Website was hosted at a shared hosting service. It was working fine. Then the same hosting company offered a shared hosting package with unlimited space and bandwidth, so I jumped at the chance and purchased it.

I asked them to move my website to the new hosting plan which they did, and asked me to point my domain's name servers to point to the new server. However once the domain name propagated and I was accessing my website on the new server I noticed that some of the tags in the tag cloud are not working properly.

There are about 60-70 tags on my website and they are very useful for my customers to find what they want, as all products with that tag can be listed together when clicked on them (Even if they are in different categories)/

However when I click on a few tags, I get this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /search on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Server error log:

[sun May 20 13:51:48 2012] [error] [client 112.134.241.229] File does not exist: /home/[myusername]/public_html/favicon.ico

[sun May 20 13:51:48 2012] [error] [client 112.134.241.229] File does not exist: /home/[myusername]/public_html/403.shtml, referer: http://www.[mywebsite].com/

Please note this only happens on a few tags not all. Most tags are working fine. There does not seem to be a pattern on which tags are affected, but always the same tags are affected even after a re-installation. If it is a permission error, why aren't all tags affected?

I have tried the following steps without success.

1. Regenerate the .htaccess file many times.

2. Install a new copy of Prestashop. Problem comes back as soon as the database is imported even without restoring the other customized theme files/modules/Images/config. So basically a new installation with the same database gives the same error.

3. Give 777 permissions recursively to all files and subfolders of download, img, mails, modules, translations, upload folders. I know, I know, It is wrong, but I am desperate.

By the way I tried to copy the site back to the old server and this error is not seen when the site is run on that server. So it is most likely a server issue, but my host is just a reseller and is not able to help me without narrowing down the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Uditha

Edited by utopiasl (see edit history)