2 back ends 1 date base is this possible

MathewB

Hi All,

Bare with me folks this may go on a bit but I feel I need to give you the full story.

I have an online store the audience is in Slovakia and has a .sk domain. All the product’s are sourced in the UK and bought in £ but sold in €. To get this off the ground quickly we just mainly entered the the Euro sell price.

We are now looking at the second generation of website and hope to continue with PrestaShop however is the following possible?

What I would like to do is start selling the product in the UK but under a .co.uk domain and a different brand. So is it possible for both back ends to look at the same data base of products?

I would also like to upload the cost price of the products under the .co.uk domain and manually agree the exchange rate for the .sk domain.

I hope this all makes sense and I look forward to your feedback.

Mathew

Thats a very interesting module a few questions in no paticulare order!

Will it allow for a diffrent logo and theme per domain?

Does this effect SEO in any way?

so domain will look like the following www.fordogs.co.uk and www.forcats.com.au and there is no way front end users (customers) can see the link between the domains?

Can I chose which products / catogories can be shown per domain or does it not have that function?

Thats a very interesting module a few questions in no paticulare order!

1.Will it allow for a diffrent logo and theme per domain?

2.Does this effect SEO in any way?

3.so domain will look like the following www.fordogs.co.uk and www.forcats.com.au and there is no way front end users (customers) can see the link between the domains?

4.Can I chose which products / catogories can be shown per domain or does it not have that function?

Thank you for the good questions.

1. Logo by domain. I plan on a releasing an add on module similar to our already existing Multi-Language Text Logo Slogan Module. We at this time do not support configuration of the theme. This will be released when we are sure that we have covered non-compliant themes, i.e. loading theme modules into the module folder. So still thinking that one out.

2. SEO...well lets just say we rock...Using our add-on Google MultiShop module, and assuming you use country code URL targeting, you SEO is magnified by 100%...per domain...

3.you choose your own domain targeting strategy, the domain name.countryCode or countryCode.domain name. The module does not care what your url is as long as it's configured in the back office. And no, your visitors will view (as well as the www) your domain as a stand alone site. this based on ps compliant sites, i.e. no hardcoded url in cms or menu's for example. don't forget you can use de.yourdomain.url and not pay any URL registration fees. :)

4.product/product categories by domain. No yet but we are in the process of developing a light weight solution to this. it will be a separate add on (high on our to do list).

all our modules receive free updates for their targeted PS release.

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

Thanks for the feedback.

If I purchased MultiShop I would expect the google MultiShop sitemaps to be included.

I would also expect the product/product categories by domain to be included.

And the Logo buy domain guess what to be included.

So lets look at the cost

Multishop for PrestaShop €69

Multishop Google Sitemaps €39

product/product categories by domain €39 (just a guess)

Logo / Theme by domain €39 (just a guess)

Total €186 (TBC)

From a business point of view having all these seprate modules is a bit messy so I would like them wrapped up as a single solution.

Do you provide a discount if somone takes more than 1 module lets say they take all of the above?

Mathew

Thanks for the feedback.

If I purchased MultiShop I would expect the google MultiShop sitemaps to be included.

I would also expect the product/product categories by domain to be included.

And the Logo buy domain guess what to be included.

So lets look at the cost

Multishop for PrestaShop €69

Multishop Google Sitemaps €39

product/product categories by domain €39 (just a guess)

Logo / Theme by domain €39 (just a guess)

Total €186 (TBC)

From a business point of view having all these seprate modules is a bit messy so I would like them wrapped up as a single solution.

Do you provide a discount if somone takes more than 1 module lets say they take all of the above?

Mathew

Hi Mathew,

I think the multishop/multisitemap modules are fantastically cheap.

I'll do this...you find any solution that provides a multishop for 1.4, for less money, I'll give you the module and any of it's children for free.

Cheers,

Fred

Fred,

I agree with you!!! What you are offering is a very cost affective solution.

I cant realy find a good allround multishop solution. If I wanted to tick all the boxes I think I would need to move over to Magento but I dont really want to do that.

Here is an interesting question

Lets say I had the following Module http://addons.prestashop.com/en/social-networks/3627-Facebook-Twitter-etc-22-in-1-.html

Now would this module be able to be configured on a domain bases or is it one size fits all.

What I mean buy that is

I can set it up so that if some reffers 10 facebook friends they get €5 on there account. But lets say I have a .co.uk domain and I want to set it to 20 facebook refferals and they get £10.

Would this work?

Mathew

Fred,

I agree with you!!! What you are offering is a very cost affective solution.

I cant realy find a good allround multishop solution. If I wanted to tick all the boxes I think I would need to move over to Magento but I dont really want to do that.

Here is an interesting question

Lets say I had the following Module http://addons.presta...c-22-in-1-.html

Now would this module be able to be configured on a domain bases or is it one size fits all.

What I mean buy that is

I can set it up so that if some reffers 10 facebook friends they get €5 on there account. But lets say I have a .co.uk domain and I want to set it to 20 facebook refferals and they get £10.

Would this work?

Mathew

Thanks for keeping the boot to the neck..jajajaja

We realize it's impossible to set every module run time configuration on the fly..I mean we can, for example the native google analtyics module, we switch the analytics ID it reads to the domain configuration.

Our module can not account for one thing, hard coded url's. Your module is an example. Paypal on the other hand is not, you can buy this module on any of the 7 domains I have pointing at our own shop.

To run an efficient multidomain, one must consider becoming more generic. No more logo's with your .com in it...or London's best strawberry jam slogans.

MultiDomain currently allows 9 domains, but it's a simple release away so you can have as many as you want. If you are running 20 domains, do you really want 20 different facebooks pages? facebook, you example, has bing translate now....

There is no pefect way to do this, we can and may create modules by domain, but if the module uses the database..then it's not unique...so you take the leap to separate db by domain...

building your multi country/regional domain is now possible...and only now...as i don't know of any other module that does what we advertise...domain viewed by the www as stand alone...though there are a lot of folks working on 1.5...

off to Cali Colombia...cheers

• Like 1