How to make HTML5/CSS3 work with Prestashop

PunkaTess

Hello,

I'm brand new to Prestashop, but not to programming. I've been programming for quite a few years, more than I care to admit actually. I have always worked internally for large corporations like Dell, so I have never needed to do any eCommerce work. Until now.

I was wondering, is it possible to build a full site in html5/css3, and then just add a Prestashop to it? I can't do the indepth programming I need to do for the site through the Prestashop admin. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to do this? If you can send me links to tutorials as well, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Tess

I have a full website I've already built, not in Prestashop. It has functionality that I cannot find available in Prestashop. Such as we have an online community where people can create their own profiles, blogs, comments, see who comments on their pages, etc. There's other functionality on the site as well.

I just need to add a shop to it. From what I can tell, I can't just create a theme in Prestashop that supports all of these features. It's not just a design, it's a lot of programming. I need to add a shop to it, and my friend recommended Prestashop.

Is there someway to just add the store and cart to an existing site? I do not want to have to rewrite everything to try and fit within Prestashops limited framework. Limited for all of the functionality I need, but great for an online store.

Does that help clarify it further? Thanks!

I've never done anything ecommerce related, so I'm just trying to figure out how to make it all seamless. I will try to do that and see how it goes.

I do want the cart showing up on every page though. Is that a widget, or where could I find the code to embed it?

I'm also trying to avoid the need for having two separate logins. One for the community, one for prestashop. There is not any fully developed community addons for Prestashop, correct?

There is one for wordpress intergration I think, but not a generic one a far as I am aware.

Having the cart on every page of the community maybe difficult. Would need some custom coder to do that.

Thanks for your help! I think I might have found a way to do what I'm needing. I have one other question for you that's about a different area of Prestashop.

Does it allow users to upload their own digital content (say .mp3 file) to us, and for us to then resell it for them? I think I read something about this, but I cannot remember where I found it. Thanks!