Import only attributes into an attribute group

Hi,

I have looked through many articles in the forums to find if there is a way to only import attributes into an attribute group. Manual entry of these is easy if you only have a few attributes, but my current website requires a large number per group.

Found many articles about adding products with attributes, but could not find how to only import attributes directly into a group.

I need this option as 4 of my attribute groups are very big with numbers from 150 to 3950 in 5 increments.

Basically as per the example listed below between the start and finish numbers of 150 to 3950

etc up to 3950

You can imagine it would take forever to manually enter each number into three groups.

Any information on CSV import or the database scheme of the attribute groups would be great.

Thank You

Phil

Hi Everyone,

Found a really easy way to import the data I required by simply creating two Open Office Spreadsheets, one for the ps_attribute table of my mysql database and the other for ps_attribute_lang table.

Using phpmyAdmin I looked at the ps_attribute table to find the last id_attribute number and entered the next consecutive number in the first id_attribute spreadsheet cell, followed by the attribute group number and in my case its colour code.

Using simple drag copying and formulas I then incremented the id_attribute number by one and copied the other values as the example below.

id_attribute id_attribute_group color 698 6 #000000 699 6 #000000 700 6 #000000 701 6 #000000 702 6 #000000 703 6 #000000

From there I simple used phpmyadmin to import the values directly into the ps_attribute table.

Once this was complete is did a similar process with the ps_attibute_lang spreadsheet making sure I created a new row for each language I use. So in my case a single id_attribute required 5 rows with the language id's 1 to 5 per row and my attribute name in each of the five rows. See below...

id_attribute id_lang name 698 1 650 698 2 650 698 3 650 698 4 650 698 5 650 699 1 655 699 2 655 699 3 655 699 4 655 699 5 655

Again once complete, simply import using phpmadmin.

Was able to import over 6000 attributes in less than 5 minutes using this method.

That's a interesting way to add attributes. I like it! I'm currently looking for a fast and easy way to upload attributes/combination with images, different prices, weights etc. Another way is by using the CVS Import under the Tools menu. Also, i'm using 1.4.7.0. Things might have changed with later versions. It seems like a great tool but a little misunderstood. Check it out.

• 10 months later...

Has anyone found a way to import attributes and their values, and if color, a color image for the value?? It's really ridiculous to have to do this manually for each one. You can import just about everything else in here. Why not attributes and values?? Having to do it per product is not practical either AND you can't set the color image value for the attribute itself.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I have the same issue.  I noticed that the original question was posted over a year ago.  Prestashop does have the answer to that question but requires you to purchase a support package for $400.  Developers, we cant buy your modules if we cant even get prestashop to work for us.  Help with this question please.

• Like 1

The quick answer is that you can import attributes, but I have not yet found anyone who can claim to import that match the image. EVEN THOUGH ALL the required info is there in the import line.

For whatever reason that is. I've never been able to get anyone to explain that. 

So, I take the good with the bad. Such is life.

I do use this module,http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/80-mass-combination-editor.html

It helps alot.

• Like 1

Bill thanks for your response.  I see that i'm your close neighbor just south of the border.  You suggested the module above.  I wonder if I give you a brief description of what I need to do, if you can tell me if your module will do the job.  M site sells t-shirts, sweats, hats etc.  The entire product catalog, provided by the vendor, includes the CSV file, all images including the color square texture images.  I uploaded using Store manager, but was unable to add the texture images to the color group.  I know it can be done individually, but I need to do it all in one instance.  I spoke to prestashop support, and they said it can be done within the template, but I would have to pay for support.....Anyway, I did say brief.  Does your module provide that ability?

The Module only helps set up the cool effect of showing a matching color image when a customer clicks on the matching color in the front end color picker.

All open source projects support themselves by charging for support. You can also make a post for help in the job offers forum. You will be amazed at the great service you will get for very little money.

For importing swatches, it is the same as colors, but replace the colors with links to the swatch.

• Like 1

Hello,

as I know Store Manager allows to add attributes into a groups poducts very fast. Try "quick add attributes" and "product combination generator" with "mass combination changer" tools of Store Manager for Presta to improve your work with product data. In case you have created lots of attribute groups, select the one you need to be added attribute values and then press “Add Attribute” or “Quick Add Attributes” (for bulk appending).

Here is a documentation available on the web: http://store-manager-for-prestashop-documentation.emagicone.com/prestashop-attributes-and-groups-management/quick-attribute-add