[SOLVED] New site love some feedback on it

BWT

Hi tjg,

The design is globally nice.

But :

On the homepage, in the menu, the blue font ("Get to know us"...) is difficult to read on the dark grey background.

In addition the menu items first appear at the top of the menu cells and after having been hovered by the mouse, they are vertically centered in the cells.

Personaly, I do not like the grey squares around the categories.

And the site is very very slow for me. It often load the processor near 100%.

I use FF 10.0

Regards.

Thanks for the feedback, I am still working on the site and agree about the blue font color but it needs to be that color as it was requested. I also don't have cache enabled and force compile is one because like i said i am still working on it. However I did notice it is a bit slower and ran a site loading test the bottom line is that some images are larger than they should be in order to get a crisp clarity as requested such as those images in the accordion, and background img. I know for a fact that this is part of the slow loading time. the other thing is I am using CMS pages for all the internal links and for some reason this too seems to slow it down a bit. But only on this site not my others that I did the same sort of thing. Besides what I have mentioned is there anything else that I can do to speed up the site? I thought about compression img but not sure it would work on this site.

Thanks again for the feedback!

TJG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you're asking about the Gallery & Shop site in your signature, it could use a standard logo on every page.

No I wasn't I had a link to another site up however I took it down for now to finish working on it, the "Gallery & Shop" link takes you to my regular site and that site as well needs work to the top half of the page and yes your suggestion is good I will be adding a logo and top navigation bar links when it is complete, but as far as this post is concerned it was about another site and I removed that link. Thank you for your input though!