1.4.4 to 1.4.7.3 - Internal Server Error in Modules

I am working on a major upgrade from version 1.4.4 - 1.4.7.3. I followed the instructions carefully (doing the manual upgrade) and backed up everything. It all seemed to go well except I am getting an internal server error when trying to access the modules tab in admin back office.

I had previously added 2 modules by Presto-Changeo. "Category Quantity Discount" and "Attributes Wizard Pro". With the install process, it recommended to disable them, which I did. All steps in the process I followed to the letter.

The only other thing that might have some importance, is that to improve performance I disabled, then completely uninstalled a large quantity of modules in the previous version.

The store I'm developing is http://www.bodyjewelers.net/bodyshop

If anyone has a place to start with troubleshooting, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

So I've made some progress....

[edit]. This is the link to the other post, in case it helps anyone: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/163196-solved-upgraded-to-1472-module-section-is-blank/

After doing some digging in the forums, I found a past post that allowed me to switch on the errors in the back office. This pointed me to the fedexcarrier module (who would have guessed?), which was not finding the backward.php file. Even though the code seems correct, it was giving me your standard "Internal Server Error" msg.

For now, I just deleted the module through ftp and now have a partial module list. I can't get the full module list yet because it gives me another message saying that I am exceeding server memory limitations. But now that most of the modules are loading, I can delete (correctly through the back office) the modules that I don't use. (and there are a lot of them).

I don't want to consider this solved just yet, because I do want FedEx as an option even though they are quite expensive. But I'll worry about that after I clear other modules and get the store functional again.

Edited by TechDragon12 (see edit history)