Moving prestashop to new server, error?

Hi There, first time user of prestashop so bear with me, Im much more used to opencart/magento.

I have a new client with a prestashop site, doesnt like the current host and is transferring to me, I have downloaded all files and backed up the database, created new hosting, uploaded files and created a new database and imported the database, then updated the config file.

The problem I have is I already know that paypal doesnt work on the site, so i need to test and fix this before transferring the domain. So I went into the database and updated the SSL url and base URL to the test domain. Unfortunately every time I try to load the new test site it returns to the main 'live' website.

I have checked the htaccess file and there is no redirect, searched the internet for 3 days and even asked my web host but havent been able to find the answer.

Any help would be appreciated, I would post the test URL but unfortunately that doesnt work :(

Thanks for any help, it would be greatly appreciated

Scott

I've come across this problem before and know of at least one reason it does it after moving server and copying everything over.

Try checking your database in MySQL. If you look in there for 'ps_configuration' table there is a good chance the old domain will be listed there and you'll need to change it as it won't update itself if you simply copied the original DB

Sorry, it was your idea I have previously tried, I thought they were both the same thing, just one through the database.

I dont have access to the back office due to this problem, i also dont know the admin username / password, thats my next step, to update the password via the database, i trust there is a salt or something i can swap for a new password in phpmyadmin?

thanks

Scott

Sorry, it was your idea I have previously tried, I thought they were both the same thing, just one through the database.

I dont have access to the back office due to this problem, i also dont know the admin username / password, thats my next step, to update the password via the database, i trust there is a salt or something i can swap for a new password in phpmyadmin?

thanks

Scott

Hi, sorry you are still having problems, you are correct, if you change in via MySQL and it show in the back office then that part is good too go. You can change a pwd of the back office, see here. You would also need to update the MYSQL in the config file as it sounds like you are still connecting to the old database, which has the old url definitions.

• Like 1

You would also need to update the MYSQL in the config file as it sounds like you are still connecting to the old database, which has the old url definitions.

That's a good point, actually. Have you checked your settings.inc file and made sure the new DB details are correct?

• Like 1

Ive updated the settings for the database, and it still gave me issues.

I have uploaded it to a new server using cpanel instead of WHM and it has went through ok, very odd one, only problem is now I cannot connect to the database, Its on the same server, updated the username and password but i receive a Link to database cannot be established. error?

right sorry for a second post but I managed to connect to the database.

I was expecting my issue to end here but allas it didnt :(

The domain redirects automatically, on the live website it goes from domain.co.uk/ to domain.co.uk/en/

On my server it redirects from domain.co.uk/subfolder/ to domain.co.uk/subfoler//en/

so obviously the redirect is wrong, but there is no en folder there, I took an exact dump of the files from the old host so unsure what the problem is, im thinking there is a plugin or something for a language pack? just cant seem to get to the bottom of prestashop :(

It may speed things up from this point if you perhaps allow one of us to take a closer look for you and see if we can't track down the problem. Any number of things could be up but it's difficult to say from the outside. In the meantime, I'll see if I can think of what else it might be ;)

honesty...looking from the outside in...pm one of us to fix it...

It may speed things up from this point if you perhaps allow one of us to take a closer look for you and see if we can't track down the problem. Any number of things could be up but it's difficult to say from the outside. In the meantime, I'll see if I can think of what else it might be ;)

I agree..it's a minor issue and easily fixed with proper credentials...I choose Fluant to fix it.

Fluant fixed yet? :)

• Like 1