Installing template required deletion of products help!

I purchased a custom template from template tuning, and they are supposed to install it. I have had a lot of issues with this company because every time they have installed the template on my site I would get a 404 not found error when trying to access my back shop. Also they are saying I have to delete all my products to install the template, but I have no idea how to install them back and they are not willing to help me. One template help site said I would need to manually redo them is this true? I have hundreds of products and attributes and it took me months to put them on there to begin with if this is the case I would rather lose the money than go through that again. Please help me!

Let it be known I do not know anything amount programming or changing any kind of file or anything.

Hello,

for common templates it is NOT required to delete products or make any special hacking, assuming that you used unmodified Prestashop (it means NO changes were done in CORE files) and template compatible with your Prestashop version. The template is in fact "presentation layer" only, so it only changes the design and way how products etc. are displayed

Hope this helped to clarify how templates work.