Hide category in blockcategories?

Could someone please explain to me how to hide specific categories from the blockcategories module while having them still accessible by URL?

I have tried the following which I found on this forum, but it didn't work out for me.

Modify modules/blockcategories/category-tree-branch.tpl and add {if $node.id != 1} to the start of the file and {/if} to the end of the file, where 1 is the id of the category you want this hide. This will hide that category and its subcategories, while making them still accessible by URL.

You'll need to modify category-tree-branch.tpl in your theme's directory too so that the categories are hidden from the sitemap.

Your help is much appreciated!

• Like 2

Thank you for your time Prescol.

Unfortunately I was not able to find the option Show products = no. Also, I think that this option is not what I'm looking for, because I would like to be able to link to the (hidden) category including all of its products instead of a single product.

So, I want to have a working link to a category that does not show up in the blockcategories.

Do you perhaps have any other ideas?

Hii Rolf, i have tested the code from the first post and it works perfect

This is the result code

{if $node.id!=3}
<li {if isset($last) && $last == 'true'}class="last"{/if}>
<a href="{$node.link}" {if isset($currentCategoryId) && ($node.id == $currentCategoryId)}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}</a>
{if $node.children|@count > 0}
 <ul>
 {foreach from=$node.children item=child name=categoryTreeBranch}
  {if isset($smarty.foreach.categoryTreeBranch) && $smarty.foreach.categoryTreeBranch.last}
   {include file="$branche_tpl_path" node=$child last='true'}
  {else}
   {include file="$branche_tpl_path" node=$child last='false'}
  {/if}
 {/foreach}
 </ul>
{/if}
</li>
{/if}

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue as Rolf1, as this:

Modify modules/blockcategories/category-tree-branch.tpl and add {if $node.id != 1} to the start of the file and {/if} to the end of the file, where 1 is the id of the category you want this hide. This will hide that category and its subcategories, while making them still accessible by URL.

You'll need to modify category-tree-branch.tpl in your theme's directory too so that the categories are hidden from the sitemap.

doesn't work for me. I have tried the above, even going so far as to cutting and pasting the code provided by Prescol, and it makes no difference whatsoever - all of my categories are still appearing in the category block. I am running Prestashop 1.4.8.2, I've cleared my cookies and my cache and have force compiled. I have made the change to both the core file and to category-tree-branch.tpl in themes/mytheme/modules/blockcategories.

Does anyone have any idea of what else I could try? I have tried searching the forum, and everything seems to point back to {if $node.id != 1}

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide.

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant..... work perfectly :D (make sure you force compile, clean cache, etc) :) many thanks! Also make sure you have the correct id.... dont use 2 because the category is second on your menu... make sure u use the ID from the back Office.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

AND for those, who want to remove subcategories pictures in the product list page -

1. go to themes/your_theme/category.tpl

2. use this code:

{if isset($subcategories) && $id_category!=5 && $id_category!=6 && $id_category!=7 && $id_category!=8}

the style and the description of Your subcategories picture

{/if}

Just change the numbers in the "&& $id_category!=[category number you want to hide]" to the ID number of your category in the catalogue at backoffice - the result: when You open the category with included number in the conditions above, You will not see the subcategories menu. I hope this will help someone!

Edited by sting5 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you want to hide multiple categories, what would that snippet of code look like?

EDIT: Strike that, I found the answer on another thread:

{if $node.id != 1 AND $node.id != 2}

However, I'm seeing that the categories only remain hidden so long as I have caching turned off. Once I turn it back on, the categories I wanted to hide are showing again. Tried clearing cache and cookies too. Has anyone seen this?

Edited by jmthd (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...