Footer Links

Hi guys;

I'm new to prestoshop. I must admit that at first it seemed difficult, however I'm slowly getting the hang of things.

In regards to my footer, i am using the CMS block for the links. It seems the links;

• special
  • new products
  • top sellers
  • contact us

are hard coded into the template. I was hoping we could remove these.

Also i would like two vertical footer lists.

Ideally the first list would go;

**SHOPNAME**

New Products

Top Sellers

About

Privacy Policy

Terms of Us

whilst the second column would go

**HELP**

Contact Us

Custom CMS Page

Shipping

Return Policy

any ideas?

You can remove the above mentioned footer links by commenting out some code in the blockcms.tpl file. Assuming your PrestaShop is installed directly in the public_html directory on your hosting account, the path to the file would be public_html/modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl. For the specials link comment out the following code:

<li class="first_item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop.php')}"
title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

For new products:

<li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item">
<a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products.php')}"
title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">
{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

For top sellers:

<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales.php')}"
title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">
{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

And for contact us:

<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('contact-form.php', true)}"
title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">
{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

To comment out HTML code put an exclamation mark and two hyphens (e.g. <!--) after the first bracket for the particular string of code, and two hyphens before the last bracket (e.g. -->). To edit a file you can download it with an FTP client, modify it with a text editor (e.g. Notepad), and then upload it back.

When you make changes to template files you also have to enable the Force Compile option, so that you can see the changes after you refresh the frontend. To enable this option log in to the backend of your PrestaShop, click on the Preferences tab and then on the Performance sub-tab, and set the Force Compile option to Yes. After you're done with the changes and you've checked the result on the frontend, disable the force compile.

As for vertical footer links, you can check out the new prestashop template (it's free), if that works for you:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/neutral/3337-prestashop-template-15.html

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8.4.2013 [sOLVED]Removing Footer Links In v1.5.4

make changes /httpdocs/themes/default/modules/blockcms in blockcms.tpl

links you want to hide make those lines as a comment <!-- -->

<!--{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="first_item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

<li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products')}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}<li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales')}" title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if} -->

upload the file refesh your FO page and enjoy!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just deleted all my cache files and the links that I commented out per above are STILL showing up. What the heck?!

Followed these instructions to the letter and turned on Force Compile and clicked Save, but there are no changes when I refresh my FO. Anyone got anymore advice?

Hi Vekia, thanks for the welcome! :)

Here's the relevent section of code of my blockcms.tpl file. I was considering commenting out the {if} statements out, but considering the content is commented out they shouldn't do anything and they weren't included in the instructions.

<!-- MODULE Block footer -->

<div class="block_various_links" id="block_various_links_footer">

<h4 class="title_block">{l s='Information' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

<ul>

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

<!-- was <li class="first_item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}</a></li> -->

{/if}

<!-- was <li class="{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE}first_{/if}item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('new-products')}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}</a></li> -->

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

<!-- was <li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('best-sales')}" title="{l s='Best sellers' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Best sellers' mod='blockcms'}</a></li> -->

{/if}

{if $display_stores_footer}

<!-- was <li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}</a></li> -->

{/if}

<!-- was <li class="item"><a href="{$link->getPageLink($contact_url, true)}" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}</a></li> -->

Lyssa, for the first: welcome on board!

can you please show your .tpl file content?

make sure that you edit correct file (if it exist in the theme directory - edit it there) i know that this is obvious, but believe me, it's not hard to make a mistake;)

another thing - use different comment method:

{* this is comment

second line of comment

last line *}

I will go check again to make sure I'm editing the right file.

I changed the quote method this morning and it made no change. :(

make sure that you edit correct file (if it exist in the theme directory - edit it there) i know that this is obvious, but believe me, it's not hard to make a mistake;)

another thing - use different comment method:

{* this is comment

second line of comment

last line *}

• 1 month later...