Change "Add to Cart" button and footer links

machination

Hi,

1) I'm trying to get rid of the cart button in the Product List pages.

Unfortunately, editing product-list.tpl in my theme folder doesn't seem to do anything. I do have the correct permissions and the FTP program doesn't give out any errors when I upload the file. But the updates are not showing up on the site (they're not in the source code). I even tried other browsers and have the same issue.

This is the code I've been experimenting with:

{if ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}
<a class="button" rel="" href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='View'}">{l s='View'}</a>
{else}
<a class="button" href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='View'}">{l s='View'}</a>
{/if}

Editing product-list.tpl seems to be working for a lot of people, but not me. I feel like it must be a simple issue and I'm overlooking something.

SOLUTION: Did the whole force compile thing. Finally, I can see the page updated. So only the footer issue remains:

2) I want to get rid of "Our Offers" in the footer and add something else.

Right now, every time I enable "CMS Block Center", it's adding two columns to the footer with "Information" (something I enabled myself and want there), and a second column titled "Our Offers" (something I never enabled and I have no idea where the links underneath: "New products" and "Best sales" are located so I can remove them).

After that, I want another column beside it with a different name. I've already created these categories underneath "Home", but the CMS Block and CMS Block Center are not behaving properly. There's always an error with CMS Block telling me I need to select a subcategory or page (which I always do, but it never works), and CMS Block Center seems to only allow one long list of items to put into the footer rather than categories.

Thanks for any help.