Newbie help :)

Hi,

I just installed prestashop today, and I'm quite impressed. MUCH easier for beginners than Meganto, and MUCH faster and lighter than Magento.

I am really thinking of using it to make my webstore, but I have the followings questions:

1) When an item is in stock, it shows on the shopping cart as "EN STOCK". I've never seen the word EN before, but what file to I need to edit to change it to "IN"?

2) When my customer checks out, there is an option for "bank wire". In my country, we call it "EFT". What file do I need to edit so that my customer will see the option "EFT" instead of "bank wire"

3) I only have 2 items features in the front page. This results in my "featured box" having only 2 items on the left and a big grey space on the right. Is there any way to reduce the size of the box?

4) I really prefer the look of the pre-version 1 theme. Only problem is that it is not compatible with many of the new features on version 1. Is there any way to get the old looking theme compatible with the new version?

5) They say SSL is an option in version 1, but I can't find it anywhere?!

Thanks for the help!

Man I just wrote a reply to you and then when I saved it lost the connection.

en Stock = In Stock if my school boy French is correct. This is set as a text field when each product is created. see image.

Search the forum for this modification. I dont think Bankwire is the appropriate model as unless you are thinking of Internet banking online deposit which is widely used in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. I have modified Bankwire to reflect Online deposit. If this is what you want let me know and I will try and expand for you.

Probably requires a change to CSS or the template that creates this module display. homefeatured is the module and you would need to look at homefeatured.tpl. I am not an expert and stand to be corrected by a prestashop [spam-filter].

4 and 5 cant comment I dont have enough knowledge.

Let me know if I can be of further help. Perhaps use a Personal Message to me.

Cheers Peter A

639_DguccItqQgcRMfpMVeft_t

Hey!

Thank you so much for your help in the forums.

I plan on using "direct bank transfer". As you said-this is similar to what they have in Australia etc. A customer can either logon to his online internet banking, and pay directly into my account (at no fee to either of us), or he can go to the bank and deposit directly into my account. So all I would really need to do is give him my bank name, bank code and account number.

So what I did, was I went into "Translations", and every time it mentioned "bank wire", I changed it to EFT or "bank transfer". It seems to have done the job. Can you recommend something more effective? What is online transfer that you set up?

On how to use the old theme-I haven't solved that one yet, but in terms of SSL, I found that in the backend, it says somewhere in the preferences "http://". Underneath that it advises to change to "https://" to enable SSL in the backend and account pages. I did this and it seems to be working.

Thank again for all the help. Please advise what you can re the payment method.

• 4 months later...